Reno, Haircut & Steamboat


Kopi Tarik
Swiped from williamnyk.
Mum breezed through Saturday's morning market ritual because she made an appointment with the renovator at 11:00am. For breakfast, we packed nasi lemak and dry curry noodles from the OUG Wet Market. My mother also bought some jelly-fied coconut (still in the shell). Quite nice and refreshing. The renovator inspected the damage to the house extension. Both walls had cracked more than an inch. The floor tiles have begun to tilt and crack too. At some parts, even the main house body has started to crack due to the pressure. Initial findings suggest that the footing's not wide enough to support the extension. He would most probably hack off a section from both walls, put a beam in place and cantilever it to the main structure. He even brought his wife along. Quite a motor-mouth! Hopefully he can remedy the shoddy work that the original renovator delivered. Sigh.

In the afternoon, SK and I went out for lunch at Restoran Ah Loy, OUG. It was 3:00pm, but were still a bit full. Just shared a plate of economy fried noodles and some YTF. Then I went off to pick up KH and his brother.

Moi: Hi dear, I'm going out to cut my hair now.

KH: I wanna cut too!

Moi: OK, I'll ask my stylist to squeeze you in.

(minutes later)

KH: Erm, my brother wants to come to.

Moi: What? I'll call my stylist again...


Some changes at the salon. The regular shampoo girl had resigned to fully concentrate on her pregnancy and they hired a shampoo boy as a replacement. And ever since I revealed my sexuality to my stylist's queer biz partner on FB, we've graduated from just smiling at each other to chit-chatting like old pals! I think my stylist was shocked at the sudden change. LOL.

My stylist was a bit peeved to see my coloured hair. He gets jealous when I go to other places to do my hair. :P.

Moi: New shampoo boy ah?

Stylist: Yeah la. SO LONG never come. Many things changed lo. Coloured your hair ah? Told you got colour NICER ma...


Ah well. My haircut did not take long cause I just asked him to think it out. I'm keeping the length to preserve the colour. Sorry baby, you'll have to suffer the shaggy me for a while more. Hehe. After SK finished her acupuncture session, she came over and fetched us to her new apartment. Then it was back to her place. Just one hour before the guests were to arrive for LifeBook' Birthday Steamboat Party. Helped SK set up some stuff, then we quickly went upstairs to 'work up an appetite'. After we both had our 'starters', I left KH to nap a bit while I went downstairs. The guests were very punctual (never a good idea to anger SK when there's hot boiling soup at hand).

SK had outdone herself by preparing two soup bases and one nourishing herbal soup. We had chicken, vegetables, fishballs, meatballs, pork slices, prawns, minced meat, clams, mushrooms, black fungus, haruan and garoupa slices, etc. It was more than enough for the ten of us. Finished dinner off with some kickapoo and we later left for New Town Kopitiam, Taman Esplanad for a change of venue and some air conditioning. The place has fluoroscent yellow booths. We were all instinctively reaching for a pair of RayBans. The menu was quite amusing with most of its beverages carrying the "Refreshing" postfix, e.g. "Refreshing Milk Ice Tea". Even more amusing is the fact that the "milk ice tea" (sic) only comes with a HOT option. :S. Later on, Earl Grey, Dae and Carpe Diem joined us. LifeBook picked up the tab and we called it a night!

Comments

Gratitude said…
Eeecks bday boy kena belanja?
+Ant+
Bravebear said…
sound a bit like tai tai day out...
Qboy said…
My god, you update so frequent. I feel so bad for not updating my blog enough now ._.

And i enjoy your updates :)
Danny said…
i really miss the dried curry noodle.. wet market style..
just too lazy to go wet market.. lol ;p
Derek said…
Yeah, it was a very bright coffee place. Imagine bright sunshine yellow! Like the Digi mascot but brighter still! LOL
TZ said…
Nowadays i don't do Streamboat @ home. If i want to have streamboat. I will go YUEN.
Ash Godiva said…
same goes with my hairstylist,we tend to bitching non-stop when i meet him:D
Kris said…
that cup of something looks delicious! what color is your hair right now? hope it's blonde lol
fufu said…
argh nasi lemak + kopitiam = perfect match!!!!!!!!!!!!! give me money.. i wanna set up a restaurant here... because the food here is sucksssssssss, well i mean i miss msian food
William said…
@Grat:
Haha. SK belanja dia steamboat ma. :P

@Nicky:
Mulut laser la.

@BBear:
Haha. Just a bit.

@QBoy:
Thanks for reading!

@Danny:
Haha. Pakailah vogue2 pergi wet market. I nak tengok.

@Derek:
LOL. Yeah lo!

@TZ:
Haha. SK sudah ban Yuen.

@Ash:
Hehe.

@Kris:
As weird as it sounds, it's "pulled coffee". My hair turned out a bright shade of brown.

@Fufu:
Ask Gratitude to be your investor!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho