Midnight Oil


Greek
Swiped from williamnyk.
"I've finished my part, do you need me for anything else?"

I should not have opened my mouth. His eyes looked wild and they rolled around while thingking of what I could do for him. Everyone else was still struggling trying to bring up the system for next day's Proof of Concept (POC). A very, very dirty phrase in my book. Rush work. Pressure to impress customers. Every single mistake will be pinned on you if the deal goes bust. Ugh. Instead of leaving at dinner time, my boss detained me till 4:00am! Barely had 2 1/2 hours of sleep, then it was back to work. Slept in the car. Slept on the train. Was practically floating around. I pity my colleagues who did not even go home to shower. Customers are getting very pushy and demanding. And vendors are getting heads over heels trying please the customers. Sufference.

In the end, most of the stuff was up and running and my load test went well. Was quite flattered when the customer thought I was a repesentative from the stress test software vendor. Looks like I can tipu makan. :P. On arrival at home, I konked off till 10:00pm. Woke up, had dinner, showered and later slept some more. Hehe. My General Manager gave us the next day off, but I already had a meeting pre-arranged, so I had to get to work regardless. However, the meeting ended early, so I still had half the day to meet KH! Yay! While waiting for him, I parked my ass at Dome, The Pavilion. Ordered a cuppa and fired up my laptop (I would have been at Coffee Bean if they had spare power sockets). Did some work and cleared some of my blog backlogs. Sitting there wasn't an entirely pleasant experience because the supervisor kept on shouting at her staff. Think she had hot coffee grinds up where the sun don't shine.

Lunch was at Athena after we scoured through the F&B directory. The reviews were mixed. Notorious stories about lousy service. One reviewer said that the manager pressured them to order more and actually said that "it wasn't enough to cover their expenses". Wow. Risked it anyway because it was something different-- Greek cuisine. We ordered the Lamb Moussaka (nicer than the one I had in Moussandra) and Pollo Alla Pimentos (the grilled chicken was fragrant, but a bit too dry). I dunno what soup we drank. Couldn't understand the waitress' mumbling. The set lunch came with an upgrade option for drinks:
a) MYR4 for iced lemon tea
b) MYR5 for house wine

The choice is obvious isnt it? Dessert was Spicy Strawberries. Strawberry ice cream with a balsamic vinegar sauce. A nice touch. Spent quite some time talking and relaxing at the restaurant. KH's never shy to touch my face and feed me ice cream. Doesn't matter, I think the waiter's gay too. Next, we went window shopping and visited the bookstore. By 4:15pm, we left the mall and headed home cause KH had an early dinner appointment with his family. Took the LRT down to Seri Petaling where hs dad picked him up. The station was a mess. Haphazard parking and waiting and it was aggravated by the fact that the temporary bus station's nearby. Chaos! Later that night, SK and I kidnapped KH again. Had some drinks at Sweet Bean Station, Seri Petaling. Ordered some apple vinegar and chicken wings. I don't think the patrons were shocked with me deboning and feeding KH the fried chicken. :P. Time flies when you're having fun!

Comments

Mr.D said…
get married lah you 2~ hahae
Gratitude said…
Yeah, I cringed too at the sight of the both of you doing the lovey-dovey on the cafe sofa at Kuchai. Thank heavens the waiter wuz gay too! hehe
+Ant+
Skyhawk said…
So sweet...yes, get married, cepat cepat!
William said…
@MrD:
I need a wedding ring!

@-Alex-:
:D

@Grat:
Hahahaha. You gave us the chance ma. :P

@SkyHawk:
I not yet pregnant!
Qboy said…
Haiyor! Jeles liao la :(

Sweetness omg! *gasps for air
Pranny said…
How do you plan to get pregnant?
nicky05 said…
ohh,gosh those affection..*eyes Rolling*..@____@
Ash Godiva said…
sweet i got diabetic!and i want to do like that....
Medie007 said…
that's quite a statement... 'forcing' their customer to order more. lol
kidz said…
The obvious choice is? MYR4 ice lemon tea?

justification: its a dollar cheaper and it doesnt taste bitter.. =p
William said…
@QBoy:
Take slow breaths... :P

@Beyond:
Haha. Praying hard. LOL

@Nicky:
@___@ :P

@Ash:
Yes, you should.

@Medie:
I was shocked too.

@Kidz:
You're not a liqour person?
fufu said…
house wine is cheap!!!! hohohoho

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho