A 'Wet' Singapore IV: Holy, Holy & Spruced Up Siblings

Woke up to an avacado yoghurt breakfast. Was fed 'banana' earlier, but one needs variety in one's diet. Hehe. I had rejected KH's suggestion of cereal, so he came up with the next best thing. Celebrated the holy Eucharist at the Church of the Holy Family, Chapel Street. KH was nice enough to accompany me although he's not of the faith. I think he's more receptive to the liturgy now-- at least he didn't roll his eyes during the sermon. Hehe. Thank you, baby. It really means a lot to me. Lunch was at the nearby Beach Road Prawn Mee. Met up with C-Mon, Den, HJ, Bunny and POD there. The two shoplots were full! But don't be misled, the prawn mee doesn't taste remotely like KL prawn mee. LOL. The soup has the right colour, but it neither has the right taste nor aroma. The prawns were big and the pork ribs were aplenty though. The ngoh hiong stall inside also did brisk business. Couldn't stay long as customers would stalk the tables like sharks, so we took the bus home to JJ's place. C-Mon and Den tagged along.

Beach Road Prawn Mee

More chatting with C-Mon and Den. He was busy digging information from me regarding the bloggers that I know. Then the subject changed to house-hunting and quirky BF behaviours. Hehe. He was telling us how Den does not like to be massaged. So, I got the green light and gave it a try. Hehe. Den liked my 'touch'! Wakakaka. Wine was brought out and KH served a month-old Shiraz to C-Mon! Goodness. I dunno how he downed that glass of 'vinegar'. The white dessert wine was definitely better. At about 5:30pm, KH and I went out to RedHill MRT to meet my brother. Together, we caught a cab to Spruce at Tanglin Road. American cuisine. My brother was quite stressed about where to bring me. I'm not that fickle le... :P. With some help from www.hungrygowhere.com, we ordered the "Three Dips" for starters. Their bread is quite heavenly especially with the hummus, tuna conserva and salsa. Our mains were the "Roasted Kurobuta Pork Chop" (very tender, fragrant and the miso butter sauce is to die for), "Signature Beef Short Ribs" (another tender number, but I don't quite fancy the sauce) and "Whole Roasted Snapper". Quite a shocker to see an ang moh establishment server the whole fish, bones, head and all. But it was great. Moist and flaky. Goes well with the lemon jam. The table beside us was busy oogling on our dishes before deciding on what to order. This is why I always prefer menus with pictures.

Spruce

Updated my brother about all the happenings at home. About what I did in Singapore. Talked about work and his dance classes. According to KH, he seemed a bit distant and stressed. Hmmm... I think he's right. But my brother is not one to confide in me. Ended the dinner with a Panna Cotta. That really did the trick. Was so full afterwards. My 'freeloading' BF wanted to pay my brother back for dinner, but of course my brother declined. Hehe. We took the bus back to Queenstown MRT, hugged him on the platform and parted ways. Stopped by Bugis Junction to do some grocery shopping at Cold Storage as I wanted to cook the next day. Grabbed everything in record time and headed home...

P.S.: Den FFK me for Sunday Mass! You owe me dinner!

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
Fed banana lagi, lol.
jamie said…
go to PU TIEN at marina square! Awesome beb!
Gratitude said…
banana b4 mass, so salah! :P
+Ant+
savante said…
The sermon must have been dull that morning :P
Anonymous said…
Yerr...can't believe you put a post for Mass and "banana"..so sacrilegious...
nicky05 said…
Give some time to your brother...
Derek said…
savante: Sermon was quite short, not even 10 minutes. There were a whole of other things to do though ...

jamie: I have heard of that place before. Will try the next time!

I didn't roll eyes this time meh? LOL
William said…
@Koala:
5 days! Today will be the last post about the trip. :D

@Ban:
Hehe. *Peel, peel peel, eat!

@Jamie:
I ust checked it out on hungrygowhere. Looks promising!

@Grat: Anon:
Amen.

@Savante:
Quite OK la. :P

@Nicky:
Hmmm...

@Derek:
I checked periodically.
Unknown said…
arghh more food! so tempting~




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
William said…
@Jino:
My specialty.

@Anon:
Nope, the Catholic church.
Anonymous said…
Just curious. Isn't the Catholic church against gays? If i'm not mistaken, i think i read about homosexuality being one of the 4 serious sins crying to heaven for vengeance....shudder...
William said…
4 serious sins? Where did you get that? Don't worry, just focus on the love. Peace!
Anonymous said…
Just google it
William said…
This you mean?

***
Four other sins are considered grave also. These sins not only offend God, but men as well. Thus these four sins are called "the sins that cry to heaven for vengeance" and are likewise mortal sins. These grave sins are:

The voluntary murder (Genesis 4:10)
The sin of impurity against nature –Sodomy and homosexual relations (Genesis 18:20)
Taking advantage of the poor (Exodus 2:23)
Defrauding the workingman of his wages (James 5:4)
***

I'm definitely a sinner. :)
Anonymous said…
Yeah to the Anglicans...they have an openly gay bishop and lesbian priestesses.
William said…
Anglicans ah... splintered out from the Catholic Church ma... so must do something to khek sei the pope. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho