Wesak


iPhone6
Swiped from williamnyk.
Early on Wesak morning, mum, SK and I went out to K3K Benta Kaya for breakfast. Why there you may ask? Cause they gave me a coupon for a free topee (round bread toast with butter and kaya, very crispy and light) on my next visit. Clever marketing. Just to redeem that, I spent MYR33 on breakfast. Ordered some of their noodles and I must say they all sucked. Don't bother. Just eat their toast. Their other mains suck big time. Having had my fill of noodles and nasi kunyit, we made a beeline for the wet market to get some fruits. Mum wanted to visit our ex-neighbour in OUG. Her MIL is now bedridden after a stroke. When we got there, she was not at home. After some futile attempts to communicate with her new Cambodian maid, we just went in to wait. My ex-neighbour came home not long after we arrived. Turns out that her MIL had been warded in UMMC due to bed sores and complications from her diabetic condition. So we had a long talk with her regarding her hardships. The poor old woman is left with her widowed daughther-in-law while her own children do not lift a finger. Sad case.

At around 1:30pm, we left and headed for lunch (my tummy was not interested in food!). Ended up at a nearby vegetarian restaurant serving extremely cheap food. An apt meal for Wesak (but I already devoured rendang chicken earlier! :P). Brown rice with three dishes only costs MYR2.50 inclusive of tea. A self-service concept, even the children know how to clear the table after eating. The sun beat down relentlessly and we decided to go The Gardens to cool off. Did not buy much at first. Just wandered around Isetan and Robinsons. Then we sat down to the tea time promotion at Austn Chase. Ordered two coffees and a swiss chocolate cake for just MYR16.90. The chocolate goes very well with the coffee! As the coffee joint was just opposite Pasaya, we mentioned Leggie's obsession about their grossly-priced cushions. And speak of the devil, he and Carpe Diem appeared before us! They were both shopping for Apollo's birthday present.

iPhone5

On that day, Coach was having a clearance sale. People were lining up to go in. Mum and SK braved the crowds while I waited outside. In a very short time, I received a message from SK saying that mum found something that she wanted to buy! Wah.... I approached the entrance and I saw that the guard had denied entry to two women who wanted to get in. I walked up to the guard and told him, "I need to go in to pay!". Wakaka. It worked. Well, mum bought a signature handbag and she paid for it herself la from her 4D winnings! With a designer paper bag in hand, one would like to walk around some more. LOL. We then stopped over at Isetan again, and mum and SK both got a pair of Lewres. That oncluded their shopping spree. I think mum nearly maxed out her credit card. Hehe. I on the other hand, only bought a pair on non-slip shoe strings...

Comments

Skyhawk said…
Hahaha...I presume your mum must be very trendy and stylish..lovely mum & son r/ship...envy envy!
plainjoe said…
Retail theraphy - what lovely sight/reading...
kidz said…
agree on the part bout label carrier.. i think they make really good carrier, big and stylish definitely good for lugging around in mall =p
Gratitude said…
Waaa so much done in a day. I wld have rounded it off with going for a good massage (innocent one la, Wesak day ma)
+Ant+
William said…
@SkyHawk:
Mum always wants to look leng2. My mother and I have a complex relationship. :P

@PlainJoe:
Haha. Even reading about shopping soothes the soul?

@Kidz:
Haha. Eye-catching.

@Grat:
LOL. Nak sponsor ke?
Cheryl said…
yay.. the lewre. lucky that woman good enough to find for me :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho