Steaming for Dinner


Char Siew
Swiped from williamnyk.
On Sunday, I had my favourite char siew wantan noodles at Aman Suria right after church. I was extra grateful during mass that day because I bumped into three cute guys at the cafeteria. Tall and Korean-looking. Totally yummy. Back to the other 'meat'. Business was extra good that day, so the delicious sausages were sold out (sayur pun habis!). So we just made with the deliciously thick and juicy char siew. After lunch, we went home to rest for a while before my swim. Mum on the other ponteng and went to a friend's house in Seri Petaling. After my swim, we stopped over for a while and had some home-grown corn (she turned her bungalow into a farm, :S). Her friend recommended that we have dinner at Harbour Steamboat in Seri Petaling. It was a good recommendation, but we had to wait for an hour before we were seated (and the waitress had the nerve to say, "Have to wait very long hor?"). Thank goodness I had the iPhone to fiddle with. And I also spotted two cute queers in restaurant so I guess it wasn't so bad. Hehe.

The restaurant's ala-carte. We ordered their cheapest soup base-- papaya and white fungus. Weird? It's actually nice. And every pot of comes with a giant chunk of pork bones. We ordered vegetables and some of their handmade fishballs, prawnballs and mushroom-porkballs. I was very impressed with the prawnballs. Excellent taste and texture. I can say that it even beats most dim sum har kao. The interior's completely covered with scribblings from their satisfied customers. And I must say that the wall's fully-covered. I won't wanna write on it, I rather splash red paint. In case you wanna try out the place, do came VERY EARLY and make a booking.

Comments

Skyhawk said…
Food, food and food again...I hope I have the luxury of tasting so much food w/o affecting my going-to-disappear-4-packs (not even 6), arghh...geram nya!
Mr.D said…
it's been a long time since i last steam-bot-ed.
Anonymous said…
wowww everywhere also got lengchai, it must b ur lucky day kekeee :)
and ur reviews of food really make me drool! :P
William said…
@SkyHawk:
Oooo... 4 packs! You gym rat mentality will not easily make you cave in to temptation.

@MrD:
Haha. Kat mana2 pun ada.

@-JJ-:
Any in Aussie?

@Happy:
Hahahaha. Memang nasib baik that day. I just had bak zhang for supper. :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Is that a pix of the 2 queer guys?
Gratitude said…
I tend to compare all steam places with Yuen nowadays coz I dun want to be limited to only 2 prawns. I want to munch on as many balls as possible.
+Ant+
Danny said…
hmm .. i miss steam-boating... must go soon..
yup.. i like thw one in sri petaling... but always crowded ;(
William said…
@JJ:
Yeah, but the pic does him no justice.

@Grat:
If you want quantity, definitely go for buffet.

@Danny:
Ooo... you're a regular!
kidz said…
Haha... so missed the kind of attitude in malaysia, restaurant which are really good there are damn arrogant.. in ipoh as well... but they are really good..

u really dun see much of this in singapore, like good to that extent..

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho