Shabu Me, Shabu You

Since I was in Brunei, I missed Cyan's birthday celebration. Therefore, we had another celebration at Restaurant Shabu Shabu in Bandar Puteri Puchong. It's a buffet steamboat joint from the same people who opened Mizi, hence you also get the individual pot concept. But the novel thing about it is the kaiten belt. Hundreds of slave boys in their kitchen stuff vegetables, fishballs, mushrooms, prawns, sausages, beancurd skin, chicken, beef, etc into tiny plastic plates (like those dessert containers on full fare flights). In between the belts, their staff also go around distributing special items like fried chicken wings, other misc. fried stuff topped with mayo (they seem to push this A LOT. A ploy to make you feel full faster?) and most importantly, pork slices! So delish. A few seconds in the piping soup and its ready to eat. I heard that Savante easily downed 20 plates. Cyan was happy beyond belief looking at the conveyor belt. Ecstatic.

Mostly had vegetables, pork, gizzard and prawns. I ignored all the frozen foodstuffs. Do not bother with the fish slices too. Horrible. For drinks, they have green tea and a multitude of fruit slushes. Leu would love it. The place was full of of customers! We left after 1 hour 45 minutes of non-stop eating. Since we finished early, we went to another function-- a BEC gathering in Kuchai Lama. Upon entering the pool area, I saw cute twink chatting animatedly with his friends. Half-naked and in board shorts. The best kind of twink. I took a second look. Perhaps even a third. :P. I told myself that I was too full to eat anymore, but I did stuff myself with plenty of rockmelon. Hehe. Little Cyan had a blast too. His vocabulary is getting more and more extensive as the days go by:

"Cyan see moon up there! Moon big-big!"

Hehe. How fast they grow up!

Comments

nicky05 said…
one day, I will go and try...
Pike-chan said…
Oohh... this place.... i like their serving style with the kaiten belt and individual pots but the only thing missing compared with Yuen are those big big prawns.. abundant of them, lols
the viennamese said…
Wonder how you eat so much and still appear so twig-like. Jealous!
William said…
@Nicky:
Not as many cute students as Yuen.

@Pikey:
Yeah, the prawns there more mini!

@Evann:
I'm a twig with a paunch!
Shake Trees said…
shud post more pics here. or shall we have u for steamboat? haha...
Mr.D said…
ughhh sushi. me don't likey~~~
Bravebear said…
Oh... Ish so near pikey-dude place... panggil dia pergi ma!
William said…
@Koala:
Hehe, actually got some more pics, but lazy to post. Steamboat me!? T.T

@MrD:
Har? Mana ada sushi?

@BBear:
Takkan dia nak makan with my mother?
Gratitude said…
Ooo I love the porky slices too.
+Ant+
Skyhawk said…
Buffet steamboat make me feel dilemma..eat too little, not syok; too much..curse and regret..

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho