Begawan VIII: Showtime Two and The End (At Last!)

On the second day, Fatty Boss jumped into action again, leaving the audience enthralled and wanting more. Lunch was with Fatty Boss again, but this time at a new shop called Restoran Cahaya Indah. Don't be fooled by the name, it serves chinese food. I ordered their beef noodles and lin chee kang. Both were quite nice. The hands-on sessions during the afternoon went quite well except for some 'expected' weird behaviour from the system. When things went awry, I tried not to look surprised ad just glossed things over. But kinda awkward when the users experienced it themselves and started to ask questions. I think my presentation was quite dry and tried to reel them back in when they seemed lost. By the end of the day, I was exhausted but glad that it was over. To celebrate, we had dinner at Charcoal BBQ & Grill Restaurant. My colleague ordered the 15oz ribs and was kinda put off by the big chunk of meat. Hoho. Luckily I chose the Surf 'n Turf-- a mixture of grilled prawns, salmon, vegetables and lamb with a baked potato. Already my last night Brunei, so we had another junk food fest in my room. This time with Pringles. Lan was surprisingly chatty that night and he blurted out a lot of personal stuff and stuff about work relations. Packed all our stuff. I had somehow miscalculated about the changes of clothes I needed to bring, but luckily I managed to stretch things a bit with some minor laundering.



Woke up the next morning with a nice 'morning glory', went for a little grope and opened my eyes to see that Lan was actually up. Oopps. Luckily he was engrossed with his laptop. He had gotten up early to settle his 'toilet debt'. He took some laxatives the day before and apparently it didn't quite work. Poor fella. Cranky the whole trip. :P. Went into the office only to wait for lunch time. Nothing much to do. Went for an early lunch and took pictures near the Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Foundation Complex and the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque. Then it was lunch at SCR again. Ordered an extremely dry chicken chop rice. Felt like I was having chicken jerky with rice. Ugh. Left the office at 2:00pm. Arrived quite early at the airport. We had used the web check-in facilities and I have this to say:

Don't bother. Even the walk-in check-in counter is faster! How can you have only one counter to cater for multiple web check-ins!!!

I must say that the Brunei airport does not have an intuitive design. The immigration section is behind closed tinted doors! Normally one gets a guided 'feel' of where to go, like lemmings being led to a cliff. But it is not so in Brunei. In the waiting area, the shops are very limited. So, so boring. The flight back was uneventful. No cute guys. Just grumpy air stewardesses with fish lips. At least they brought me safely back home. Home, sweet home. Oh yeah, do order Air Asia's chicken cocaccia. Edible! :P.

P.S.: Thus ends the Begawan Arc. I'm sure many of you are heaving sighs of relief. As Zemien not-so-subtlely put it-- "and please.... your Begawan arc reminds me of Bleach side-arcs. I just wanna skip them :P. Finish it off!"

Comments

nicky05 said…
Woah~~ SCR AGAIN~~* Boring*..:P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Hey I do love the Bleach Zankpatou arc up till to bad guys were defeated...not after that though.
William said…
@Nicky:
Yeah lo. Memang pun!

@JJ:
I stopped that. Continuing with Naruto S. Hehe.
Zemien said…
WTH? I didn't know you would quote me word for word!! But I'm so glad we're back to the main KL storyline.

When will b your Penang arc? ;)

JJ: I also loved the beginning of it, up till when I realized they didn't have a smart explanation to how vanquished swords could come back unscathed. Lazy writing.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho