Happy Birthday Uncle!


Tien Yin I
Swiped from williamnyk.
Note: I interrupt my Begawan arc for this update. Got ahead of myself. Hehe.

Last Sunday was my uncle's 66th birthday celebration, so mum, sis, BIL, Cyan and I headed for Bagan Sungai Burung after Sunday Mass. We arrived at about 5:00pm and I must say that I was surpised to find that village roads were now tarred. The whole porch was crawling with grandkids and the place was strewn with rubbish. No matter how many times I see it, I can never really get used to it. The celebration was at a nearby restaurant-- Tien Yin. It was easy to spot the place cause loud chink techno was already playing. The stage was set and the entertainer (a skinny uncle in an oversized chinese suit) was busy choosing his songs. We chose a table far away from the speakers and waited for the rest of the guests to arrive. Upon sitting, mum was already busy gossiping. Guess what? Five days ago, my uncle's Vietnamese mail order bride had just arrived. 34 years old. Fuiyoh. That orang tua...

Food was below expectations. Nearly every dish was spicy. Perhaps his new wife likes it that way. Had yee mee, curry fish head (the only highlight of the night), roast duck (very salty), tomyam prawns, hot sauce fish, vegetables with cashew nuts, spicy claypot chicken and to cap it all off, ais krim potong and longevity peaches (super dry). All night long, my uncle's friends sang KTV, but one squat fellow with thick gold chains even went on stage to do a sexy dance:

"I don't know how to sing, but I sure know how to dance! Woooooo! (attempting to channel Shakira while some China doll sings 'shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture')"

Disgusting. He reminds me of Soifon's lieutenant. When the all the food was finished and the birthday song sung in every possible dialect, we adjourned to my uncle's house to get some fresh seafood! The whole porch was swarming with mosquito-like insects. Wave your hand and you hit at least seven. Left quickly with one big ice box of fishes, crabs and prawns. Hehe. The drive home felt shorter with me counting all the Agro Bank branches along the way. Reached home at about 11:00am and slept soundly...

Tien Yin II

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
Don't think I'll like to go to such place...mosquito eeek.
carpe diem said…
I really like the pictures. They are all from your iPhone?
Twilight Man said…
Walau eh ~ 66 and 34! Nice number to buy!
Little Dove said…
The porch is going to crawl with more grandkids with the arrival of the mail order bride. ;p
Medie007 said…
which ulu place is Bagan Burung in?
Skyhawk said…
I hate those old uncles singing..it's not that i dislike oldies but some of them sing very badly and spoil the whole atmosphere. sc
William said…
@JJ:
Your surface area is smaller, should be OK.

@CarpeD:
Yes, yes, iPhone. :)

@Cheryl:
Sure allergic.

@Twi:
Hihi! Welcome back. Fuiyoh, I wonder if it did open.

@LittleD:
Not grandkids... his kids!

@Medie:
Somewhere near Sungai Besar, Selangor. :P

@SkyHawk:
Some were actually quite good!

@Savante:
At least once a year!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho