Begawan VI: The Real Work Begins

The final day of my setup. Settled most of the issues. For those that could not be fixed on time, workarounds would be used or ignored altogether. Just need to steer clear of the errors. Lunch was at Singapore Chicken Rice again. This time round, I ordered their cashew nut chicken rice. It's supposed to be kungpao chicken I think, but the colour's all wrong and it tastes more like sweet and sour sauce to me. Haha. But at least it looks better than their huatan ho. Yes, huatan ho. One thing that still surprises me about Brunei is how civilized their drivers are. If you cross the road at a zebra crossing, they actually stop. Like in Singapore. In Malaysia, they run you down even with the traffic light in place (Oh, did I do thaattt?). Dinner was at a vegetarian joint. Tried something called cha zhai bihun. Some kind preserved vegetable soup. Really sour. Not bad, but the portion was so measly. Supplemented dinner with pineapple and junk food. Hehe. At the fruit stall, I was greeted by a giant poster of Christiano Ronaldo posing in white Emporio Armani underwear. The face so yiew. :P. Slept early that night... and no, I wasn't thinking of Ronaldo.. eeeehh.

Chu Chai Mee

P.S.: One of my colleagues was complaining about the lack of entertainment in BSB. He is too used to the vices in Metro Jakarta and Manila. And during lunch break one day when we finally found a bunting advertising Thai-style massage, he bolted up to the second floor only to find that it was for women only. He was so dejected. LOL. I did find some male therapists for him, as advertised at the bottom of some dark stairs, but he declined. Poor fellow. :P.

Cashew Nut Chicken Rice

Comments

carpe diem said…
Does not look appetising
Skyhawk said…
Emmm...agree, not appetizing. Any PLU activities in BSB? Sound very boring leh.
William said…
Wakaka. That bad ah? :P. PLU activities? I hardly even saw one PLU.
Little Dove said…
The food pics from iPhone are amazing. Poor straight fellow!
William said…
A little noisy tho. Haha. Yeah la. But I think it's time for him to settle down.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho