Begawan II: The Office

I did not sleep well the night before. The pillow was so soft that it gave no support. My eyes were open at 5:30am and I was greeted by Lan's snoring. Tried to get back to sleep. Was a little difficult, but I managed. Lady Gaga's Telephone dragged me out from my slumber 1.5 hours later. Did my stretches and got ready for work. By 7:30am, we were at the hotel cafeteria looking for food. We were the first to arrive. Had a little bit of their super-salty and sweet fried flat noodles. Next was oranges and watermelon cut to look like mini Xmas trees. :S. I passed on the egg mayo sandwiches. It looked more like Nippon Watherbond than mayo. We took the company's shuttle van to work. There was no morning rush hour traffic. There's never any rush. So unlike my days in Metro Jakarta. The project site turned out to be the gymnasium at the top of a building transformed into a software development center. LAN cables were nailed into the parquet.

On arrival, we didn't do much. Getting coordinated seemed like a chore. The Project Management Office did not make our life easier with the seating arrangements and the network connectivity. We later found out that we needed to go over to another building to set up the demo system. And we were assigned an empty server. No OS. No nothing. Ugh. So we just spent the day setting up the groundwork. It was so boring all cooped up in the server room watching the progress indicators go. It was a slow process although it was a 2 * quad core processer with 24GB of RAM! Lunch was at Singapore Chicken Rice. I ordered the oyster sauce chicken. Ugh. I would rate it as 'edible' at most. After that, we lepak at Yayasan. Definitely of the better looking malls. More spacious with decent air-conditioning and no weird odours.

Brunei Mix

Having settled everything, my colleague and I still hung around the training center cause it was raining outside. By 4:00pm, we couldn't take it anymore and braved the rain. Halfway back, we stopped by at an Indian shop to have coffee and ordered cucur udang. Not quite what I had in mind. It came flooded with a weird gravy. Felt a bit jelak. Finally, the rain stopped and we got back. Dinner was at Restoran Sui Heng. The place still had those high-back booths like those in HK char chan teng. Ordered something unconventional-- Claypot Yam Noodles. Basically handmade noodles in a thick yam gravy. Sounds gooey right? It wasn't too bad. Did some grocery shopping and ended up back at the hotel to rot before bed...

P.S.: Brunei observation-- so many goldsmith shops and all without security guards!
P.P.S.: I nearly laughed my head off when found out that Lan was showering with feminine wash!!! When I told him (I couldn't stop laughing), he said that he refilled the bottle without knowing what it was. :P

Comments

carpe diem said…
So cham argh? Hope it will all be over soon. Your own bed and pillow is always the best.
Cheryl said…
that guy... need to educate a bit :P haha
Skyhawk said…
Never been to this country before...but was told very boring.
Danny said…
ok.. do i can remove Brunei from my list rite?
feminine wash.. maybe he want to feeling feeling a bit lerrr? lol
feminine wash: a nice way of saying douche juice.
Mr.D said…
brunei is out for cuisine based trips then?

any good redeeming factors ? (besides Wu Chun of coz)
Anonymous said…
u woke up and was greeted by Lan's snoring... erm, on ur ear?
nicky05 said…
Did you bought golds back to here??..:P
William said…
@CarpeD:
Yes, I miss my bed!

@Cheryl:
LOL. Memangz!

@SkyHawk:
It is BORING.

@Danny:
Yes, you can! Haha. I dunno if after he use it he got a bit hiao.

@QuickS:
LOL. I think it would too harsh on his ass. :P

@MrD:
Food isn't too bad. Just have to know where to look.

@3Q:
LOL. No lah. But he did say he nearly grabbed over to my side of the bed.

@Nicky:
Bought you a gold cock ring.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho