Alcohol at Amcorp

It had been some time since my last lunch break with Janvier. I still remember that he was just starting out with The Chief. At that time, I was attending some training course in Petaling Jaya, so he recommended that we meet up at Amcorp Mall's Ume Tei. I still remember being shocked that he ordered sake. After the lunch, I boarded the LRT back to the office and I remember being a little lightheaded. Fast-forward to 2010, SK and I had another lunch with him at the same restaurant. But this time, the main point was to have sake during lunch. LOL. So we sat down to chirashi don, salmon battayaki (you ordered this the last time too!) and mixed sashimi. The cuts of the fish was quite thick and the price reasonable. The chawanmushi was also very smooth and flavourful but it looked really 'tanned'! We finished two bottles of sake and talked till the lunch crowd left. Back in the office, I felt sleepy... either from the alcohol or the sushi rice!!!

Back at the office, it was a colleague's last day after spending four years with the company. We tried to get her to cry again like she did the day before, but it turns out that another colleague cried instead. No wonder she quietly went back to her cubicle. Wishing her all the best in her new workplace! Hopefully things have finally stabilized over at my side. It's not about trimming the fat, when in actual fact, its one of choice cuts that left. Oh well...

P.S.: Bloody expensive parking at Amcorp Mall. And so messy too. I would rather park at The Pavilion!

Comments

Cheryl said…
memang sleeeeeepy after the meal. Let's try Ishin then! Haha
Anonymous said…
yeah alcohol can induce that sleepiness at me, but i prefer to take it at nite :P
Anonymous said…
damn you will.

you're making me salivating for a delish sushi/norimaki now :O
Gratitude said…
Wow, the lrt ride must hv felt as if you were zipping thru space, Zathura-like.
+Ant+
kidz said…
sake at lunch... u guys are amazing.. especially u still hav to work the rest of the day.. =p

my bus pass by kl the other day..so tempted to just alight and walk around time square and pavillion..!!
William said…
@Cheryl:
Yup, that's next on the list.

@Happy:
Haha. I suspect Janvier has Champagne + OJ for breakfast.

@MCC:
Haha. It's always nice to work up an appetite.

@Grat:
Wakaka. And I remember that I was standing.

@Kidz:
You should have just jumped out!
plainjoe said…
So not good to see yummy sashimi and read about sake at such hours of the night with exams less than 24 hours away...there's a bookstore at Amcorp which sells really cheap books,isnt it?
carpe diem said…
Yeah let's try Ishin. I know the chef. Maybe we can get a good deal. The food from the pics look really good.

Now I know why Janvier looks tipsy when he walks :)
William said…
@PlainJoe:
Yeah, it's called BookExcess. They're actually print runoffs from the overseas. Cheap.

@CarpeD:
Ohhhh... let's make a dinner date!
said…
park at pavilion and look for lengchai leu la~ haahaha
Janvier said…
There wasn't enough sake done!

...and we'll check your blog next time to see what we had before.
plainjoe said…
Ah yes! My coming destination on the next trip down. I havent shop for books for a longg time...
William said…
@L2:
You 7 days a week there ah? :P

@Janvier:
You could out-drink Courtney Love.

@PlainJoe:
Great bargains there!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho