Come Take A Bite of this Apple


Bon Appetit
Swiped from williamnyk.
My colleague has an iPhone. KH has an iPhone. Nic and POD both have iPhones. SK recently converted too. And with the What's App Messenger touted as THE TOOL to keep me better connected with KH, there had been subtle hints for me to bite into Apple. I'm not really a gadget-crazy person and I'm usually quite practical (read: miser), so I had never really considered getting it. For one thing, my Nokia 5220 is still in good working order. It's just a little rough the edges, what to expect when it had kissed the asphalt many times since I got it. Of course, it also has sentimental value since it's a birthday gift from the boyfriend. Putting that aside, let's talk about dollars and cents. My fingers are very itchy. I send a lot of SMS. When bored, I'd use GPRS to check my e-mail. And these constant fiddlings usually augment my prepaid phone reloads to an average of MYR125 a month. And since the DiGi promotion is MYR159 per month for the 16GB iPhone 3Gs, it was quite a no-brainer.

iPhone I

And so, on Saturday, after my Zipangu lunch with Lifebook and SK, we headed over to the DiGi Center at The Pavilion. Before I go any further, let me comment that the dining experience at Zipangu is getting more and more disapointing. Slow replenish rates. The portions looked measly. The oysters were oh so mini! And the quality of the edamame also dropped. No chawanmushi also! Honestly, I felt that I had nothing to eat when I surveyed the buffet spread. But there was some new appetisers and desserts la... Nothing else that I can praise them for. At Pavilion, we were redirected to Sungei Wang because they had run out of stock. We walked over in the stifling heat. Ugh. Upon reaching the DiGi kiosk, we were happy to find that they had plenty of stock. Filled in the necessary forms, paid the money and waited for my new line to be activated. But we waited... and waited... and waited... and waited... and waited... and waited... They would not give me the phone until the status changed. Many calls were made to the HQ. But the problem persisted.

iPhone II

Seeing that things were taking longer than usual, the staff bought us some drinks from the nearby 7-11. And as luck would have it, SK unknowlingly put a defective bottle of 100 Plus into her Furla handbag and it deposited half of its contents inside! And my G11 and Crumpler case was inside too!!! All of it christened with electrolytes and glucose! The staff went and got us some tissues, but it was too wet really. Seeing that we were fuming, they shoo-ed us off and said they would call when it was done. We went down to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Luckily I was partially-entertained by a couple of male models from the Seed and PDI fashion show that was going on. SK and Lifebook could not contain their bitchiness anymore. After making an irate phone call to DiGi customer service, SK led the march up to the kiosk again and let out a tirade about their lousy system. Lifebook joined in the fray and practically left the DiGi staff speechless. And magically after that, my application was successfully processed and I could go home with my black 16GB iPhone. However, because of that, I was too late for work and SK had to reschedule har facial.

And for my trouble, they gave me a cover and screen protector F.O.C. Hehe. Cool. As Lifebook had a dinner date in Kajang, we said our goodbyes and SK and I proceeded to Lot 10 to catch up with Rich. We were so tired from that whole fiasco that we quickly went home to rest and freshen up. Did not feel hungry, but we went out to Old Town Kopitiam for a light dinner anyway. Later on, met up with Mel for drinks at Hailam Kopitiam. So tired by the time I got home.

SIM Trouble

P.S.: White looks gay-er, but black looks slimmer. :P.
P.P.S.: Nic told me that he and POD were hatching a plan to "coerce" me to get an iPhone. Looks like I'm ahead of 'em by 3 moves. LOL.
P.P.P.S.: What's with the iPhone SIM Key? Menyusahkan mak bapak je...

Comments

Danny said…
err.. m not good with gadgets too.. as long as i can have the few apps that i need , good enough...iphone is too good for ROUGH-USER like me la ;p
good choice on the color.. :))
the viennamese said…
Hey I'm using a white one and it does not look any gay-er than the black one! Harumpphh...
Janvier said…
Congratulations. Time to bring the others into the fold!
Gratitude said…
Convert me via subsidy
+Ant+
Cheryl said…
Evann, add me lar at whatsapp... :)
Me too also White and memang it tak nampak gay langsung..

Dear why u put 2 the hodohz pencil there?
William said…
@Danny:
Wrap some bubble-wrap over it!

@Evann:
It isn't? :P

@Jan:
Any apps to recommend? Bring others? Unless I offer a rebate. :S

@Grat:
*blek*

@Cheryl:
Lebih artistik! And white is gay. :P

@LittleD:
LOL. And what would my colleagues say when they fiddle with my phone?
simonlover said…
Agree with Little Dove! Grindr!
Pluboy2 said…
my iP is also white, and its rubber is white as well !!!!

i just love accessories in white!!

thank goodness apple is not black :)


hahahahaha....
William said…
@Simon:
I tried that yesterday! Most of the cute guys are at least 1.2 miles away. LOL.

@Takashi:
White shoes!
Derek said…
Nick and Lloyd wanted to coerce u ah? If I couldn't do it, they can meh? LOL
Derek said…
Any why never get white to match mine? ;P
William said…
@Derek:
I thought you were working together with them. Told you already, black + white = yin + yang

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho