CRASH!


Speeding Car
Swiped from mikeyjay.
About a week ago, I sent SK to the airport to catch her flight to Japan. We had allocated two hours. In usual circumstances, it would only take a little over half an over to get to KLIA from my place. And the good thing is, I do not need to pay a single cent of toll. However, that night was a very unlucky night for me. Firstly, 5 minutes away from the KLIA terminal, I missed a turning. The signboard was located at the fork and it was small and peeling. Typical. That stupid mistake cost me 30 minutes. I had to drive all the way to the MEX exit to make a U-turn. So rushed. I drove at break-neck speeds. I don't understand why it's so difficult to turn back to the airport. If you don't have the time, so mistakes can really make you miss your flight. But, there was a silver lining. Due to the lateness, SK was bumped up to Business Class because Economy was overbooked. That made her 7-hour journey much more enjoyable.

And on the way back, I couldn't find the Dengkil way home, so I ended up on MEX again. I was worried for the whole journey cause I was running low on petrol too. It was a smooth journey until I reached my exit at Bukit Jalil. At the turning, an MPV in front me drove erratically and suddenly made a complete stop at mid-turn! I was totally caught off guard. I swerved the car and barely missed it. My driver side mirror scratched its side and my bumper made contact with its tires. I parked to the side of the road while the MPV stayed where it was. In the car was an elderly couple. Septuagenarians. Turns out that the old man was unsure of the road and he stopped the car to take an incoming phone call! >________________________<". Considering both of us suffered only minor cosmetic damage, we waved each other off. I've been having bad luck on the road these days. Sigh.

Note: MEX = Maju Expressway = KL-Putrajaya Highway. Dunno why they need so many names.

Comments

the viennamese said…
Waved each other off? Blardy hell get him to pay for damages or you'll sue!! Stopping in the middle of the road and answering a call while driving; we'll see who gets the bill! Bwaha!
nicky05 said…
LOL...then did you guide them, to the road they want??...hehehe..XD
Mr.D said…
wow proves that old people should not be allowed to drive. (hope i am not profiling) but hmmmm.
Gratitude said…
Nice of you to have let them off instead of the usual drama. :)
+Ant+
Unknown said…
that old uncle lengzai ke? how come you let them off so easily? lol



[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
Bravebear said…
Wah... enjoy betul Cheryl itu...
Cheryl said…
bear. i did not enjoy la. i makan ubat and zzz mati.

my heart was so worry for DEAR le when i called to inform i am finally in. lucky mum and him are all right. i dont care abt the car at all.
Little Dove said…
Sometimes it's better to forgive and forget. Just imagine if our elderly parents were in the same position.

p/s: No dent and you're fine. That's all that matters. :)
William said…
@Evann: @Jino:
He was really a helpless old man who did not know the way. And the road was dark too lo...

@Nicky:
Yeah, he did ask me if it was the right way to Bukit Jalil. LOL.

@Darren:
I think they are quite a hazard. Some old people are actually quite competent on the road.

@Grat:
I need SK to bitch for me. :P

@BBear:
:)

@Cheryl:
Tak kena 4D lagi!

@LittleD:
Yeah, I agree. I really thought I had crashed into their car.
Bengbeng said…
oh my goodness, it is fortunate nothing more serious happened. u got to practice defensive driving
Ash Godiva said…
maybe you don't have any luck on the road in this month...

what to do...they are old couple anyway...
Lucas said…
Well... u shudnt have let the old uncle off... he shud have his license taken away from becuase he is a hazard to himself and others while driving... sometimes being mean means doing the right thing, for him and other road users.
Danny said…
i experienced the same thing few years back.. when i was driving at a fast lane n suddenly the pakcik in front of me stop the car.. just to kepoh watch the accident on the opposite lane..
memang celaka kan? ;p
Pike-chan said…
Oh... to Bkt Jalil... you might able to bump into him again... as in, catch his sight...
conan_cat said…
oh... it's called MEX ah, now only i know, lulz. i always refer it to the "putrajaya highway" :P

and yeah, one thing bad about msian highways is that you can hardly find a u-turn for a really long road. D: susah betul! if ppl not familiar with the road sure kena a lot of times gao gao lor. :x
Pluboy2 said…
KL-Putrajaya highway was never a name :)

It's just to denote destination, unlike LDP...

Otherwise, NKVE, ELITE, GUTHRIE would not make sense :)
Pluboy2 said…
I believe people older than 50 shouldnt drive anymore.. they're such a hazard.. same goes for people below 21..
said…
my granny at age 70++ still drive :P she used to be a bus driver~ haha
William said…
@Beng2:
I guess I wasn't alert enough.

@CountA:
Kena mandi bunga. :P

@Lucas:
Hmmmmm... true also. Really no read competence le.

@Danny:
Giler!

@Takashi:
Yeah, it's stupid. Concessionaire name. Highway name. People get confused. Below 21 even? :P

@Pikey:
Haha. I think I can remember the wife's face.

@CCat:
Sengaja bring you here and there so you can pay more toll!

@L2:
She's a pro!
Hope you are feeling better after the minor accident.
William said…
Yeah, I am. Nothing to dwell abount. Just more cautious now.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho