Taxi Talk


5 €uros
Swiped from Edward Barnieh.
Delegate. That's what I though when I told my subordinate to set up a demo system for my Fatty Boss. She did help me do the ground work, but the subsequent problems that followed (very common when working in an environment with super-strict and downright annoying IT infrastructure policies). It's understandable when you're at a client's site, but when it's 5X more horrible in your own office, that's just stupid. And so, I let things be for a few days hoping that she can wade through the shit by herself. However, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Ish. The deadline was looming and her scrambling at the office had alerted the senior VP. And soooooo.... I was called in to salvage the situation. And there began some days of hell trying to solve problem after problem. With everything finally in place, I waited for the demo that was initially scheduled for Tuesday morning. On monday, my Fatty Boss called me at noon to tell me that things have been moved forward to 2:00pm that very day.

Shit! And since I was wearing casual that day and coincidentally I did not drive, I had to take a cab back home to change into formal clothes! Double shit! I rushed out and grabbed a bun from the convenience store downstairs before flagging a cab. The taxi driver turned out to be a very friendly Malay guy. He even asked me whether he wanted it normal or warp speed. I told him it was OK, but he drove like an ambulance driver anyway. He kept mumbling to himself, "Cannot waste time, aisyeh, faster! FASTER!" :S. He sent me back home, then ultimately to the demo site. During the whole trip we talked about many things-- about how the movie "Legion" sucked in comparison to "Avatar"; About the stupidity of the "Allah" issue (I dared not respond too much); About which Petronas station gives the best NGV pressure; About the election seats where the Opposition won with the biggest majority;

And when he saw that a squad car had crashed into a car in front of it, he went berserk and exclaimed:

"Saman sendiri! Saman sendiri! Macam mana pun dia sendiri salah kan!?"

Then he proceeded to tell me stories of "police stupidity". Apparently he argued with a police officer who tried to summon him for curtains in his car. Since the police officer refused to let him off even after he explained his situation nicely, he called the policeman "Bodoh". And added "Bodoh punya bodoh". It concluded with him generalising that most police officers took bribes which angered the fella more. According to my amusing taxi driver, one can insult police officers like this as long as no expletives are used. I dunno the truth of it, but he survived the incident. Well, my taxi ride cost me MYR41 (he gave me a discount on the toll and even prepared a printed receipt for me to claim). Cheap hor, when you take into consideration the entertainment value? I arrived there at 1:30pm, but my Fatty Boss was no where to be seen.

I did some testing by myself and after looking at the schedule, it turns out that the demo doesn't start until 3:15pm. Kanasai. And you know what? They were already late by nearly half an hour. I told him I was going for lunch first and he had the nerve to reply:

"Eh, you not yet eat yet meh?"

What an idiot. Luckily, the demo went fairly smooth. Sigh. I hate demos!

Comments

fufu said…
what a nice adventure =p this situation.... erm you still had mood to eat?
Little Dove said…
What a heart pumping adventure! He drives like F1 and could still discuss on serious issues? O.O

p/s: Word verification: minit
Emo-Happiness said…
OO... better stay away from 'a' issue.. Plus, do agree with you taxi drivers really talks a lot.. to entertain us.. :P
Janvier said…
Plus, you get to claim back that RM41?
Joseph said…
Talkative taxi drivers helps make the journey more interesting. If the taxi driver is that genuine open, hope more of 'them' will have the taxi driver's mentality/thinking. Then Malaysia could become a better place.
Bravebear said…
erm... I prefer the taxi driver to just keep quite and drive... Sometimes they can be overly annoying when they talk too much.
MrBunnyBan said…
Next karaoke, give the fatty boss a microphone to eat.
William said…
@Fufu:
One still has to eat...

@LittleD:
It is an innate skill they have. :P

@Emo:
I think it keeps them from dozing off.

@Jan:
I claimed it under OT. :P

@Joseph:
tis' true.

@BBear:
But if too quiet like scary...

@Ban:
I wanna avoid having KTV sessions with him!
Gratitude said…
"i wuz called in to salvage the situation" ....sounded like a job for Superman! :P
+Ant+
Jaded Jeremy said…
When are you going to give a demo of Hubad dance? :P
Derek said…
Told u your boss is lousy. When u gonna change job / transfer? ;P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho