LNY I: Reunion of Faith

Every year, my church holds a Lunar New Year-themed eucharistic celebration. So in the morning, before leaving for church, we dress up and exchange red packets (being the youngest, I get ang pao from mum and bro though he's not married). The church is all decked out in red and lanterns are hung all over. Beside the crucifix, two giant couplets were found. To top it all off, a centerpiece is set up at the side of tha altar for parishnioners to camwhore! As with past years, it was a full house. English and mandarin-speaking parishoners thronged the church in their new clothes. Red wasn't popular this year. Quite surprising really. Many women turned up in cheongsams, showing off killer bosoms. Hahahaha. It was the last Sunday mass before Lent, hence it was a high mass. Everything was sung and the liturgy was extra long. Joss sticks were offered at the altar and at the end, there was even a ceremony commemorating ancestors. Something to show our respects to those who have gone before us and remember their works. The songs were also more CNY-oriented and at the end, everyone got red packets and mandarin oranges. To top it all off, a lion dance went on outside. SK left Kuantan at 6:30am in the morning and drove at an average speed of 160km/h to make it to church on time. An amazing woman. Crazy. But amazing.

Next!

Upsy-Daisy!

Lunch was at home. We recycled the leftovers from the day before. On the pretext of a swim, I went out to meet KH again. It was a nice swim as we had the whole pool to ourselves. Fooled around a little and then we chatted at the poolside. KH passed me a V Day card and I was so smitten with it! The cover of the card had a half-naked hunk on it! Definitely knows how to get my attention. :P. I so wanted to kiss him there and then if not for the pesky kids at the playground. KH also passed me some of the new underwear I ordered and SK's Victoria's Secret parcel. He walked me out and at a strategic corner planted a parting kiss on my cheek. Hehe. After dinner, SK and I went out to meet KH since his parents were out of the house. I redeemed the "prize" that he promised me for finishing my laps in the afternoon. It was well worth the exertion. We then went out for tea at 3K3 at Kuchai Lama. Orang KL memang bosan, semua keluar minum teh. Had their special toast of peanut butter, kaya and condensed milk. Quite novel, but a little too sweet for me. Their hot and cold drinks are quite nice too. That's all for day one...

Comments

Cheryl said…
more VS to come. haha :P thanks dear and DD for that.
Little Dove said…
So SK had to wait while you redeemed your 'price' from KH? ;p

I believe SK drives a nice sports car. :)
Bengbeng said…
it sounds like u had a fun day :)
Danny said…
such a sweet and lovely valentine story...
jealous nyerr....;p
Mr.D said…
u 2 are soooo romantic. i am gonna die of diabetic soon.
Gratitude said…
Quick quick, tell us how you further exerted yourself after the swim! :P
+Ant+
Bravebear said…
I have never been a fan of cards. But that is one card that I don't mind receiving :p
Which church do you go to? Can I attend the church service too?

Your bro in Christ,
Resz
nicky05 said…
Lol.....you go church to pray or shoot twinks leh....:p
deeperanddeeper said…
which pool did u two mengada-ngada? :p
William said…
@Cheryl:
You're welcome. Sales Sales Sales!

@LittleD:
SK slept on the couch. :P. She drives a Skyline converted into a Viva.

@Beng2:
:)

@Danny:
Thanks Danny. You'll have your own story too!

@Darren:
Not yet reach the Bear-Salmon proportions!

@Grat:
Hehe. Imagination!

@BBear:
Haha. Too bad they don't sell such cards over here.

@RMDS:
You're a Roman Catholic?

@Nicky:
Both!

@DnD:
Haha. A private pool in an apartment la. Not your KJ pool. I know that is your territory. :P
Derek said…
How come the guy on the card doesn't look as cute in the picture? Doesn't do him justice!
William said…
@RMDS:
The church is ever open.

@Derek:
Haha. Yameh?!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho