Market Dress Up


Out to Market
Swiped from williamnyk.
For ages now, I've been waking up at 7:15am on Saturdays to send my mum to the wet market. Our first stop at Taman United, where she'll buy poultry, seafood, pork and vegetables. Most of the time in that particular order. Later, we'll go to the market at OUG. A really horrible place. Packed with people. Full of cars. No parking. Over there, she'll buy more vegetables, fruits, eggs and other groceries at the Chinese medicine hall (Chinaman's Carrefour-- can you imagine that they sell Gardenia at sub-market price?!). At both markets, one can see that people in KL really know how to dress up (or down). Either they're wearing their most horrible pyjamas or they look like they're at a ball! From some sudden surge of confidence, many women come out to the market with the clothes that they went to bed in. The straight man would be thrilled if they wore negligees and teddies, but the reality is that its most probably an oversized T (that has seen better days) and unflattering shorts (or my personal favourite-- bicycle shorts with the damning crease right down their crotch! >_<").

On the other extreme, I never fail to spot some women wearing something that is more suitable for a cocktail party at a hotel. Long, slinky evening dresses with crystal trims and not to mention matching strappy sandals. They carry their shopping baskets like an LV tote. And their hair seem not a strand out of place. Another woman I saw at the Nasi Lemak stall was wearing a classy number that showed off her cleavage to good effect, and I was standing fifty metres away! Sometimes, they would have daughters tagging along. Definitely less flashy, in tight baby Ts and mini hot pants, walking as though they need to wiggle cocaine-filled condoms out of their asses. Definitely eye-catching. So, if you wanna go to the market, wear something comfortable, but please make sure it is presentable because it still is a public place...

P.S.: No spy cam pic of the women, but I did catch a PLU couple doing their marketing. No unsightly plastic bags, but a fashionista canvas carry-all. Tight T. Tank top. I like. :P.

Marketing or Shopping?

Comments

Gratitude said…
The couple must have been stocking up on zucchinis and live eels!
simonlover said…
Hahaha..Hw do u know they are PLU leh?! They might be straight guys with a queer taste nia. Hahaha...Hmmm. The BF hates it whn i carry the shopping basket@shopping centres. He prefer the trolley instead.Wonder why...Hehehehe
Twilight Man said…
LMAO ~ Live eels! Anton is so KINKY!

How come I never bumped into William at the same wetish market? I am always there on most Saturday mornings to buy flowers for my Buddhas! Parking there has been farking problem for ages~next time fetch me first ok~in return I will drag your mum's trolley ok!

Go complain to Theresa Cock about the triple parking morons outside the market!
fufu said…
lol well what is plu? anyway i grew up in the wet market... my parents has a stall selling vegetables... and i was once the pasar prince =p
Pluboy2 said…
go pasar also kap ppl.. haaahaha...
Cheryl said…
i must wear BCBG to market d next time.
Pluboy2 said…
simonlover: i also forbid shopping basket if i can help it.. trolley is the way to go!
William said…
@Grat:
The only time I've seen live eels being used in any sex-related situation is when they were poured into a Japanese woman's cleavage during a game show. :P

@Simon:
My gaydar is superb, k? Sometimes, the trolley is troublesome. Takkan buy a few items also take trolley meh... Try the trolley-basket at Carrefour, Putrajaya.

@TZone:
Haha. I'm normally there from 8:30am to 10:30am. Yes, the parking there is atrocious. Teresa stopped the DBKL from going there to saman people I think. But I don't see any triple parking. LOL, go Taman Desa pick you? Then must buy me curry mee also. :P

@fufu:
Plu = People Like Us. I can imagine you as the Pasar Prince!

@Takashi:
Anytime. Any place. :)
Little Dove said…
I love your description of the wriggling daughters in tight baby Ts and mini hot pants at the market. What did you wear? ;)
William said…
@Cheryl:
With the Furla handbag?

@LittleD:
Thanks. Hehe. Me ah..... good question.

[T-shirt / cropped T / tank top] + [board shorts / cropped jeans / shorts] + thongs (not the uw k!)
Bengbeng said…
iiks i must b careful with my dressing too when i go marketing. truth is i have no dress sense at all.. just anything goes as long as it does its job..looks decent and covers up nakedness
the viennamese said…
Ha! Don't you just love it when the gaydar is put to work?

*blip blip blip*
Bravebear said…
long time no go market le... But I wear over-sized T and bermudas. The market is so crowded and dirty... dont wanna dirty my 'precious' hahaha!
savante said…
Where ae the pictures of yourself with a rattan basket!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho