Fong Lye


Twilight Kids
Swiped from williamnyk.
On Saturday, I woke up at 6:30am to get ready to send SK and Apollo out to KLIA for their trip SG. Why am I not on that flight you may ask? Well... I'll try to arrange something in December. After sending them off, I still have to resume my wet market duties. Met up with my mum at Taman United market and we later continued on to OUG. Strangely, Taman United was a far cry from the usual hustle and bustle. On the other hand, OUG was really horrible. The whole place was jammed up more than usual. People were double-parked indiscriminately. At bottle necks, we see cars blocking the way and people not giving way-- ultimately causing deadlocks and arguments from the drivers' seats. I really cannot grasp why some people who know that people are waiting for their spot, can take all the time in their world to load and unload stuff and end up not telling people that they actually do not want to leave in the first place! Nothing special this week, just some pesky UM kids asking for "sponsorship" for their Chinese Cultural Night. Blegh. I shoo-ed 'em off.

Glass Noodles + Chives

Without much time to spare, I showered after arriving home and immediately went out to The Gardens to meet JJ, Bunny, Azzuro Hyperion and Nivlac. As Rich was around too, I invited him to join us at Fong Lye-- a Taiwanese restaurant. When it first opened, one had to queue to get in. I never bothered. Thank goodness people have finally came to their senses. I ordered the Tea Smoked Duck with Glass Noodless. The soup is quite nice with chives and minced meat, but the duck... I know it's smoked, but I could not taste the tea. Did some catching then group parted. JJ wanted to make rimless spectacles, so we went along to give our opinion. He was hoping for an 'indestructible' pair, but seriously clumsy or ganas people should not use rimless. Then, JJ shopped for a belt and we had a nice 'debate' on selecting belts. Phew! As they had to leave for Melaka, I also made a move lor.

Tea Smoked Duck

Mum had boiled some snakehead fish soup, so we had some before going for sunset mass. It was raining cats and dogs, so as expected, LDP and Federal Highway was chaotic. We did some shopping at Jusco Taman Equine after church and dinner was just more soup and half a chicken floss bun. Not much appetite these days... dunno why...

Comments

J said…
What a fulfilling day!

Ooo... your christian. Catholic or some protestant?
Bravebear said…
snakehead fish soup!!! I wanna try that. I like the smell of cooked snakehead. But mum nvr bought any =(
Bengbeng said…
snakehead fish soup!!! -> sounds exotic
savante said…
Bet William's a protesting Catholic :)
William said…
@J: @Savante:
I'm a protesting Catholic as Savante says. LOL.

@BBear:
It's an expensive fish these days.

@Beng2:
Haha. Cook porridge also nice le.
Pike-chan said…
snakehead fish soup? apa tu??
Gratitude said…
Pikey, it's a tonic booster for that lil snake of his la! :P
+Ant+
TZ said…
hmmm... what fish is snakehead? Got picture to show?
Bravebear said…
hmm... ever since the lab for my Ichthyology class I want to try it so badly. The smell is so strong =)

But reli teruk, I got a snakehead fish to turn into a bone model. Real troublesome as there weren't any reference for my group.

Oh TZ, there is this thing called Google. hahaha! Just type snakehead fish and u get the pictures u want =)
Twilight Man said…
How come I never bumped into this market-aunty William? Did you turn your head when you saw me? I will yank your snake next time... LOL
nicky05 said…
I search in google for snakehead fish.... yehhhhh... so ugly....XD
William said…
@Pikey:
It's just a fancy name for Haruan or 生鱼!

@Grat:
I wish!

@BBear:
You have a picture of your model?

@TZone:
I have kept a look out for a couple of weeks le!

@Nicky:
There are many species. You must have seen the ugly ones. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho