Mathematics of Hot Air

After putting off twice due to scheduling conflicts (and lack of motivation), I finally attended the employee talk by my Chairman. It was held at a small auditorium at my parent company's HQ. Those who have gone before me warned that it was a snooze fest, so I left my Taman Desa office at 11:45 to book a place at the back row. But before that, we had lunch at Sakae Sushi at One Utama. The captain looked and sounded like he worked for the triad before. o.O. But do watch out for the cute waiter. :D. Post-lunch coffee was at Kluang Station. My first time there and I was not impressed.

We were warned not to be late, but on the contrary, the big boss was late 15 minutes. I'm not complaining especially when it also ended half an hour before schedule. Hehe. Like all his other talks, it was full of question marks, theories and mathematics. He kept on dropping names of famous mathematicians. He presented the culmination of his 15 years of study-- Darwin's Theory of Evolution in mathematics.

With an obscure triangle and numerous abbreviations, he goes on to explain his spiel.

The Super Linguistic Topos

>> Evolution dictates that the species that responds the quickest to change will survive. Hence, as employees, we must learn to evolve or we will stagnate, as well as our salaries.

>> Property: Is something innate. Hence, I cannot help you with that.

>> Behaviour: Is something that is based on your will. I also cannot dictate how you behave.

>> Space and Time: I am not God, hence I have no power over this domain.

>> Evolution: THIS I can help you with. Go through my mathematical model. Use the tools I have built for you. Learn the fundamentals from it as I know you will never understand it from books like I have. And you will succeed.

And my personal favourites:

Why do butterflies fly and I cannot? Think about it.

Contribution equals reward.


I can't help but feel guilty that I did not "contribute".... tee heee....

Comments

Gratitude said…
As your contribution, you should have asked him to tell you something which you didnt already know! :P lolz

+Ant+
Cheryl said…
even worst than Puiz... :S
Legolas said…
Question for him: Why other people's talks are interesting and yours is not?
Kris said…
hahah I was so lost until I re-read the title again, but I feel we need geniuses like them to solve the many complex mysteries of the world and space!

my laptop wasn't cooling off haha, it gets better wireless reception at my window, after the 3rd time it got soaked in the rain it finally broke...i'm pretty stupid :P
Bengbeng said…
actually it sounds like an interesting talk :) if i dont have to work but jus sit , not necessarily listen n do nothing
the viennamese said…
Meh? THis is hurting my fragile little mind....
Derek said…
Your chairman very geng ... can transform a philosophy into mathematics! LOL
William said…
@Grat:
Obviously I did not contribute according to his model.

@Cheryl:
PuiZ can never come close.

@Legs:
My colleagues were joking: "You got give increment meh?"

@Kris:
He solves problems in HIS own world. :P

@Beng:
He'll be presenting his paper in Shanghai next month. You can go. :P

@Evann:
Escape! Run!

@Derek:
Geng right?? Nobody understands him.
Justb3cks2 said…
zzzz...zzzz.. I can feel like i'm in lecturer hall now and zzz.zz haha
数学?是一门很难懂得推理游戏。。。
William said…
@JB:
It took me a lot of willpower not to fall asleep.

@Lucky:
Welcome! yes... Mathematics is ... oh well. Haha. Like my Chairman said, "you'll get used to it".
Jaded Jeremy said…
Because you're not a butterfly? Duh.

Behaviour: he cannot dictate but certainly can influence. Gah.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho