The Love of Money

My company is notorious for delaying salary increments without any official announcements. The management will never inform you that there will or will not be any salary increment. Don't ask me about bonuses, because THAT has never happened. It's a dirty word to use in my presence. You just wait. If it happens, it happens. And so, I just recently received my long overdue salary increment. Nearly 2 years already. And one would expect that with the delay, they would combine 2 increments into 1. Dream on! Any backdating you might ask? Do pigs fly? No. Are my top managers pigs? Yes! Oh well. Everyone was so pissed. Checking the amount of the credit advice on M2U, we couldn't really tell if there had been an increase. The amount must have been so small that it was smothered by the scheduled deductions. :(.

I was pissed, so I left for lunch at 12pm sharp. Picked up KT and SK for lunch at Kung Fu Pan Mee at Puchong Jaya. On our way there, my dar was beeping from a guy in front of me. He was busy holding the steering wheel with one hand, while manoeuvering bak kwa into his mouth with the other. The curl of his fingers and his dainty grip totally gave him away. And the way he wiped his mouth with his pinky... Oppps. Tried their famous Jiong Fei Pan Mee and I must say that it's nothing to shout about. I don't really like their noodles. In my opinion, it's a bit on the firm side. Their Swiss Chicken Wings are quite OK. Arriving back at the office at 2:35pm, it was just another 3 hours before I clocked off. Hehe.

UPDATE: I have since received my payslip and the overdue increment was definitely not a combined value. :(. Sigh. But anyway, THANK YOU MR. CHAIRMAN!

Comments

Cheryl said…
there my ZIPANGU flew away... T_T i hate ur chairman!
Donna said…
wah.. what company is that..
delay salary some more..
my company never delay salary, but always delay pay slip la... =.="
Legolas said…
Maybe consider to jump?
Gratitude said…
Still, an excuse to celebrate however small the amount is. I know many who hv had paycuts.

Btw, I thought you preferred firm? :P
+Ant+
Janvier said…
Hahaha the 'THANK YOU CHAIRMAN' as a safeguard in case colleagues read your blog?

We've never seen people wipe their mouth with their pinky before!
TZ said…
should consider to change job ... Get a better prospect job and move on... You need some headhunter... I could pay you some contact :)
William said…
@Cheryl:
Can still go de.

@Dolly:
Delay increment, not salary. Not so sui le.

@Legs:
Jump ship!

@Grat:
Hehe. Celebrate at Yuen ah? Not firm, but HARD.

@Jan:
God Forbid they read my blog.

@TZ:
Jump jump jump for mo money!
the viennamese said…
Money talks. Haha. Can't live without it, can't have too much of it.

Gay eating bak kwa? wow I thought I was the only one.. apparently not :D
Little Dove said…
Chinaman company? You deserve better. :)
Black Sheep said…
Pigs did fly though...
(Swine Flu)
Kris said…
lol you are so grateful Will! even a small increase is something I guess! We work hard for the money~
Bengbeng said…
so u r richer now. a little is better than none nowadays :)
You are not the only victim. My company too, did not give us increments! Gosh! I wonder if bonuses will come in too, eh?
William said…
@Evann:
You can start a club with him. :P

@LilDove:
Can smell it from miles away kan?

@Kris:
Yeah. REAL hard. :P

@Beng:
I'm trying to drum that mantra into my mind.

@ManP:
NO BONUS!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Stingy company. Change job.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho