Celebration #3

The 3rd celebration for my birthday took place at SK's place on my birthday. Having 2 days of replacement leave, she volunteered to prepare a nice steamboat dinner for me. On Thursday, she went out to the market to get the fresh meat, vegetables and seafood. A magnificent spread it was with fish, cuttlefish, squid, pacific clams, abalone, chicken (do ask SK what happened at the market), lala, mushrooms, leafy greens, fishballs, meatballs, beancurd, prawns and etc. The stock was made with chicken, pork and eau de ormeau. It was basically a family affair with Peng, her housemate (+ BF) and my Mei, KT (+ BF).

On Friday (my birthday!), I took a day of annual leave (9 more days to clear). Brought mum out to cut her hair, then together with SK and Cyan we went to Restoran Goon Wah, Kuchai Lama for some XO Fish Head Noodle. It's Teochew style with beancurd and yam in a claypot. Also do try their loh shi fun and the heavenly Guiness Stout chicken wings! Their stir-fried pig intestines is also fantastically crunchy if you're into variety meats. Cyan was pulling a tantrum, so we quickly left to the Gardens to collect my cake from San Terri. SK ordered a Chantilly (basically a fruit flan, but with a very fruity aroma infused in the sponge cake) after her order of Chestnut was vetoed by the zealous salesgirl. Back at KT's ex-boss' shop, SK bought me a Monkey key chain with penetrating eyes and a rabid laugh that activates everytime you press its head. Absolutely precious. Absolutely me.

BDAY2009steamboat7

Dinner was a tad late to start as KT and my bro-in-law were both tied up elsewhere. It was a scrumptuous steamboat. The broth was super sweet with all the fresh ingredients. Post-dinner, we had rock melon, peaches, yellow kiwi fruit and mango. KT provided the dessert-- agar-agar with egg and coconut milk and agar-agar with wolfberries and dates (specially whipped up for SK during the last minute-- kinda like an Iron Chef!). Then, we opened the bottle of Merlot brought over by my KT's BF. Hehe. Other than the jelly (bless her heart), my Mei also brought me a present-- a white UCB sweater (this is the year of sweaters!!!). My sis on the other hand, gave me cash. Also wonderful. I never complain. After everyone had left, we did some camwhoring as SK and KT wanted to show off their new dresses. I tried my hand at art direction. :P. It's hard! I think KT's BF was very shocked by our antics. By the end of it, I charn sai dy. It was a fantastic birthday celebration!!! One more year to the big THREE O. Oh well...

BDAY2009

P.S.: The card with the heart and cupcake was made by SK. KT also made me a card with magazine cutout letters, like a ransom note. And she cheekily put the phrase 100% Mei-Made at the back. LOL.

Comments

Cheryl said…
happy that u feel happy :)
Cheryl said…
oh ya hor... forget not the aussiebum ur fren bought u le...
Derek said…
You'll get my present when I come next month =)

P/S My word verification: enemana
said…
will give u a small gift when i come back frm phuket :P
Kris said…
Happy birthday Will!! Happy 29! I think I missed out on celebration 2! What an awesome dinner celebration...I want steamboat too! That's like hotpot right? I'm just guessing, anyways happy bday!!
William said…
@Cheryl:
Oppss.... forgot!

@Derek:
Can't wait! What a skanky word verification!

@L2:
Yay! *hugz*

@Kris:
Thanks! Yeah, it's a hot pot thingy.
ray brixton said…
interesting and nice food.... love that chicken wings... hahaha...

happiness is important in life, if you are happy, you will bring others happiness...

cheers and have a great weekend.
William said…
@Ray:
Thanks and welcome Ray! You have a good weekend too. Happy Deepavali. :P
vialentino said…
firstly, sorry for my late reply and visit....way too busy with work....

wow...nice celebration....

digi is a better palce to work than maxis actually
nase said…
Derek bringing ENEMA all the way frm SG!? Kakaka.
William said…
@Via:
I'm a loyal DiGi customer!

@Nase:
:P
動 Orson said…
haa...happy birthday ooo..haa
Fable Frog said…
Whoa~ what a long celebration! really 'hang fook'

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho