The Lesser of Two Evils


Celcom Broadband
Swiped from Girllyen.
When I see newspaper ads that proclaim TM the winner of "Best Internet Service Provider" awards and what not, I let out a bitter laugh. Meaningless as they are a monopoly. From all the problems that my sister and SK complain about and the multitudes of irate letters I see in The Star, it takes no genius to conclude that Streamyx is crap. Celcom being the subsidiary is also naturally crappy. I e-mailed them about Celcom Broadband coverage in my area and I must say that their customer service is impeccable. It took their automated system 11 minutes to reply my e-mail, promising a reply soon. After a week (soon hor?), they replied and asked me to furnish them MORE details although I already gave them my street address. And in the e-mail they even provided me with an alternative to check SMS. Text "BROADBAND HERE" kononnya. The number was rejected by DiGi. It took them another 2 weeks later to call me with the GOOD NEWS that my area has VERY GOOD COVERAGE. Kudos to their network team.

I made a similar inquiry through Izzi's website. They promised to come back to me in 3-5 working days. I was pleasantly surprised when they called me after a few hours (it was a Sunday!) and tried to arrange a live demo at my place. Their staff were very courteous and did not mind arranging things after working hours. Although my appointment did not materialize due to their agent's schedule change, the guy never-the-less went to my front door during the day to try it out and reported to me immediately that there was no signal. So much for that.

End of the day, I took a gamble with Celcom. David was kind enough to borrow me his U Mobile modem to tried out the coverage at my place. If it was bad, I would have burned MYR98. However, it was decent and I decided to continue with the subscription and buy my own modem. I made some inquiries at Blue Cube and those bloodsuckers quoted me MYR499 for a Vodaphone modem. I said, "Screw you, I'm getting a Huawei at the TM Agent". That cost me only MYR310. I have not looked back since then, and am now an active member of cyberspace. Hopefully Celcom Broadband will be gwai-gwai and give me good service. Butttttttt...... life is never a bed of roses. I found that the E160E modem I'm using causes the Blue Screen of Death on my laptop. Ugh. I'm still waiting for a reply from their tech support.

Anyway, I'm once again a regular face in cyberspace. See ya!

Comments

Pike-chan said…
It was so embarrassing with i'm having internet web meeting with my overseas team members and they commented it takes such a long time to load when I started sharing my work documents to all....
Alex said…
Malaysia Boleh. Multimedia Super Corridor. Cinta IT.
Yawns.
JL said…
Well good luck for that Celcom BB indeed. Tried out M---- BB before and it was terrible. It was only much later that P1 came to save me. :D

Newayz, check this out, you might win something ^^.
carmilevy said…
Greetings. You recently left a comment on the blog, Biological Clock Ticking (http://biologicalclockticking.blogspot.com) operated by Anton. You may have noticed that his blog was hastily taken down earlier today. Here's why:

For quite some time, the author of this blog has been copying the work of others and passing it off as his own. This is known as plagiarism. It is not only immoral. It is also an illegal, criminal act.

When confronted about this, Anton chose the coward's way out. Instead of responding, apologizing or otherwise expressing some sort of remorse, he skulked away and started another blog.

I thought you'd want to know this, and would want to verify your own archives to ensure he hasn't used some of your own work as well. I'd recommend checking out the service at http://www.copyscape.com to ensure your own material has not been stolen in a similar manner.

I invite you to contact me via my blog, Written Inc., if you would like to discuss this further.

Thank you.
William said…
@Pikey:
3rd Class Infra.

@JJ:
Welcome hug?

@Alex:
Cinta IT! That did LOTS, k!

@JL:
P1 not available to me!
Derek said…
David lent you, not borrow you ^^

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho