The Great Singapore Skank VI: A Walk in the Park

Note: Sorry this took A LONG TIME to end. My Pre-H1N1 Melbourne trip will be coming up soon! Stay tuned!

Early Saturday morning, POD, Nic, JJ, KH and I went to the Botanical Gardens. A whole lotta greenery! The landscaping was quite good and the foliage thick, making the surroundings quite pleasant to explore. Trees, flowers, ferns, palms-- you name it, they've probably got it. There's a ginger garden, a swan lake (got swan de!), eco garden (ECO-nomical and ECO-logical), evolution garden (a way to traverse a few hundred million years of evolution-- a definite pick for geologists) and an orchid garden. Plenty of joggers, church cell group members, tai-chi practitioners and photographers. It's all spread out across a huge area and I nearly popped a vein rushing from one end of the park to the entrance to avoid being late for our lunch appointment with Simone. Lunch was at a Thai restaurant in Shaw Tower. Don't know the name. Had green curry (watery), screwpine chicken (excellent!), tomyam, fish soup, fish salad (quite refreshing), fried vegetables and mango chicken (quite good). Overall, the execution was good, but the produce quality was regrettable. Dessert was at an ice-cream shop just opposite. Chose an interesting combination of black sesame and nut crunch (peanut butter and cookie dough). They even have wasbabi-lime, but that's too interesting even for me. Loitered at the Raffles Hotel for a bit, oogling at the luxury brands. Didn't get my Singapore Sling at the Long Bar though...

SingaporeHols200911

It was my last day in Singapore, so we had a farewell skank. I fell asleep soon after but KH did not sleep due to a headache from the morning's sun. He told me that he watched me sleep and moved me around (undoubtedly like an X-rated marionette), but I was too tired to notice. Now I wonder if there was any Eli Wong nonsense involved. KH woke me up at 5:30pm and you know what, my flight was at 7:30pm. Fortunately, I had packed earlier and the airport is just a mere ten minutes away from JJ's place. We had dinner at Dian Xiao Er, Terminal 3. Terminal 3 is really very beatiful with it's super high ceiling. Made me feel like I was in a futuristic cathedral of sorts. Attached to it is the Crown Princess Hotel, with its white, interlaced facade. An ugly thing. Something straight out of Hueco Mundo. The dinner menu was Ten Wonder Herbs Duck (doesn't make you fly), Lemon Kai-Lan and Treasure Beancurd. Quite nice, except that the vegetable had too much lemon juice in it. Service was good though. I ran off to the gate after dinner and as usual, the gate is the farthest in everytime I board late. Really had my blood flowing flying through the travelators. It was poignant waving goodbye to the guys behind the glass wall... I had fun.... :). Until next time!

The End!

Some random observations to end this long saga:
  1. Outram Park MRT Station smells of mildew
  2. I did not eat at a single food court this time round-- all restaurants! Taiwanese, Shanghainese, German, Italian, Japanase, Thai :P.
  3. I did not take many food pics, just at Fre(n)sh. My brother was VERY surprised. So gwai hor?
  4. I think I walked a combined 10km during my trip. No wonder Singaporean boys have such sexy calves.
  5. I didn't get to play the Tadaima, Okaeri conversation with KH as usually get home with him!
  6. JJ told me that KH seemed to be floating the whole time I was there... Do I really affect his gravity? :P

Comments

Cheryl said…
i just notice some people in love with pressure n mood swing like no end. pengz

lucky my dear is being sayang-ed and love well.
Jason said…
I love Dian Xiao Er. Gosh.. the roasted herbs duck was so tasty! Definitely will eat again on my next trip.
Jaded Jeremy said…
T3 is beautiful? You gotta be kidding. Looks too empty for me.

You can come here any time and as often as you want :-)
William said…
@Cheryl:
I also will mood swing de la, though I'm well-loved. A bit spoiled. :P

@Jason:
Aha. A fan! I like the waiter. :P

@JJ:
Space. Clean lines. Beauty la. :P. No need to dance for u?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho