Guys Over Gals


Snakeface
Swiped from lexillustrator.
During my GSS last April, I swiped a book from KH's bookshelf-- "A History of God" by Karen Armstrong. Quite a heavy read of theology and blah blah blah, but it was interesting and revealing to say the least. Seems that faith is really screwed up. lol. Here's something that caught my eye:

Augustine, the Latin theologian who defined the Trinity for the Latin Church was quoted in 'The Literal Meaning of Genesis': "... if it was good company and conversation that Adam needed, it woud have been much better to have two men together as friends, not a man and a woman."

Religion has definitely evolved a lot and I must say that the things that I have read about how Christianity got to the way it is today is a real page-turner. Blasphemy? History? Philosophy?

Comments

Imeku said…
"Two men together as friends, not a man and a woman."

Are you serious? Maybe Adam can use another rib bone.
JL said…
St Augustine made some other 'interesting' remarks as well, like unbaptised babies burning in hell and etc. I'd just read him with a pinch of salt.
Guardian Angel said…
Solomon once said of writing of books there is no end, and much study wearies the soul.

In other words, stop this nonsense and stop reading about religion.

If you want to know a person - a living person, like someone on Facebook - what is the best way to know him? Read about him? Chat with him? Or meet him up?

So if want to know God, the last place you go is religion.

Get it?
Augustine said…
I turned over in my grave. Finally someone saw it. Yes I am it, what you will called gay toady.
Jaded Jeremy said…
People sometimes forget that religion, after its initial birth, is pretty much shaped by man via his belief and culture. We have to step back and ask ourselves, "Does this make sense?", instead of blindly following the teaching of others, who are not infallible themselves.
Derek said…
Interesting. Oooh, and I like what Guardian Angel said about religion is the last place to know God.
William said…
@Imeku:
Wasted one lor. :P

@JL:
Ohhhh.... a learned theologian. Hehehe.

@GAngel:
I think I do. ;)

@Augustine:
Bwhahaha.

@JJ:
I think the Church is supposedly infalliable. Heard something in catechism class.

@Derek:
You memang suka all the bertentangan one. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho