The Great Singapore Skank II: Domestic Drudgery

Taking a cue from Apollo, I woke up at 7:45am to "ready my man" for work. However, KH was the one fretting over me, making me breakfast of hamster grains and milk (so tiring to chew that sawdust). I walked with him to the bus stop to send him off and familiarise myself with the layout of JJ's condo area. It felt good waving him off... A strange feeling. But a good one. Back upstairs, I started my domestic drudgery by ironing his clothes. I suspect that he was purposely delaying his ironing in anticipation of my arrival. :P. With that out of the way, I went online and by 11:00am I was preparing to go out to meet KH, JJ and K850i for lunch at Hachi Tei. Had a nice lunch of chirashi don and JJ even managed to get a discount off the bill. K850i was regaling us with tales of his dragon-boating. Never fails to trigger imagery of tanned hunks exerting themselves... yummy!

With KH (he came all the way from Paya Lebar just to see me for lunch, muacks!) and JJ having to work, K850i was designated as my tou guide for the day. He brought me to POD's art gallery at Tanjong Pagar, but not before sending me on a detour to see Play's latest renovated look. POD was nice enough to show us around and he even dug up authentic Japanese woodblock prints for me to see. While waiting around for him to get off work, Nic suddenly made an appearance and became my second tour guide. They brought me to the nearby Red Dot Museum of Design, showcasing award-winning designs in varying categories and applications. Nic was smitten with the "Morph", a wearable piece of technology that looks like something straight out of Star Trek. The next stop was the URA Center to view the Draft Master Plan 2008. The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore oversees the development of Singapore and it is revised every five years. It is a comprehensive plan that covers all the infrastucture and socio-ecomomic development in Singapore. Great way to check whether your HDB would be demolished for a future MRT station.

Dinner was at a Shanghainese restaurant near POD's gallery. Great servings of xiao long bao, wo tiet, cha chaing mien, and Shanghai pizza (like some kind of circular, flat currypuff). KH, JJ and I then went shopping at Raffles City Shopping Center. JJ managed to get a couple of size 28 slacks (so scandalously small, kan!?) and KH bought a work bag. My crankiness level had reached 6/10, so we headed home. At Eastpoint Mall, I stopped to have a Mr. Bean's celery soya bean drink. Definitely therapeutic.

SingaporeHols20092

Comments

Darren said…
sounds like an action-packed day..
Twilight Man said…
Seems like I have similar Art interests like you. I also went to see the URA. KL is so behind everyone else. Alll monies drained for elections!
MrBunnyBan said…
Sounds like you had fun, so why cranky? *poke poke poke
Bengbeng said…
you managed to do a lot to forget ... it was to forget?
TZ said…
Wow! A day with so many activities ...
Dude, enjoy your stay in Singapore eh! :)
JL said…
Enjoyed the chirashi don?
Jaded Jeremy said…
It's W850i lah ;-)

Next time, can I also leave some shirts for you to iron?

Apa scandalous ar? My family all small size mah.

6/10 only? Sure or not? More like 8 ;-)
Potato Will said…
Ay!! Red Dot and URA? Sigh, you were 2 blocks from my old home. I miss SG!! Oh, did you go into Pacific Coast Coffee at Red Dot and see the cute guy working there? I just found his e-mail addy in my papers, must send him a note.

Still working on finding a new, secure home for my journal.

Oh, and for the record: I am wearing Size 29 at the moment. :P
Imeku said…
Mr. Bean soya bean ice-cream is also one of its kind.
Yummy! Next time you should try.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho