Will You Marry Me?

Unlike KH, I'm not one for romantic comedies. I don't quite have the patience for 'em unless they're entertaining like "War of the Roses" or "Romancing the Stone". But I'm not quite sure those movies fit in with the rest of the cookie cutter romantic comedies. Since it was CNY, and since I was bored, I decided to take up my sister's offer of watching "The Wedding Game" at MV. As expected, it was mediocre, but it was surprisingly a male flesh fest, specifically of Christopher Lee. If you're a fan, you get to him in various states of undress: in the shower, topless in jeans, in briefs, in swim trunks, in boxer briefs, being slathered with suntan lotion... the list goes on. I feel that the scenes require him to take off his clothes TOO often. Not that his tanned torso isn't a welcome sight (though the fine lines and crows feet were very obvious), but let's just say I'm not a fan. In addition, gay elements were abound in the movie-- gay gossip TV show host, fashion designers and celebrity agent (he turned straight later, cheh!). Quite stereotyped, but at least it was quite prominently featured. Daniel Tan's also in the movie, but I dislike the fellow. Watch out for Saiful Apek and Lai Meng too. Anyway, if you're too bored and hanker for some "romance" and "aged meat", go give it a try.

Comments

今天我要嫁给你吗?今天我要嫁给你吗?"Today do I want to get married with you?" A modified title from the song by Emil Chau.
Jason said…
eee... wedding movie.. but its like off the cinema adi lor..
Medie007 said…
eeeee... but it's cantonese....
Jaded Jeremy said…
Romancing the Stone? Ah, in line with your likings for oldies ar ;-)

I like that movie too but not one my all time favourites. Ever After easily trumps it.
savante said…
Oh yes I will marry you!
William said…
@Mann:
Old school!

@Jase:
Yaka? Hehehe.

@Medie:
Mandarin and hokkien la.

@JJ:
I'll try to get the DVD.

@Savante:
I do!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho