What is your Flavour

If you frequently club, you may know of a mamak stall off Jalan P. Ramlee that serves some pretty good fried noodles. In their drunken stupor and exhaustion, revellers may not notice their unique food preparation methods. But since I work near there, I get to see some pretty disturbing things. A lot of lime is used and prior to frying the noodles, I saw the chef squeeze around five limes into the wok with his hands. There is nothing wrong with that except that the juice is squeezed onto his other hand and he makes a motion like he is washing his fingers with a kendi. Appetizing aint it. The next step would be to wash under his fingernails. haha. But the food is really great. Really.

Comments

JL said…
Hello, I found your blog through pikey's links. Just want to say I have similar sentiments on mamak stalls where I live (JB). I saw one of the chefs accidentally drop a fried chicken; he took it and dropped it back into the wok again. Oh there were rats nearby too. But it's interesting MBJB gave it an A for cleanliness. ;)
Pike-chan said…
that reminds me not to eat there again... LOL
nase said…
Well, I always believe that whatever food we eat from the hawker stalls could only be delicious due to their dirt and grime, lol!
Rae P said…
yikes.

that's why i don't go to mamaks. [mostly because i can't stand the heat though :D]
savante said…
Nah, as long as no one dies from it, I'm fine. :P
Little Dove said…
The two comments above mine made me ROFL. Haha
Jason said…
It's better not to see such thing so you can continue to like the food :p
TZ said…
YucK! what a disgusting entries :-(
Fable Frog said…
hahaha, it's just too usual liao~ i bet standing in front of the wok whole day is hell of bored. Just like when we were bored from paperwork, we would draw stick men and penises.
William said…
@All:
Hehe, don't see = clean.

@Frog:
I have not drawn penises before! Haha

@Rae:
Ohh... Mr Restaurants and Cafes. hehe

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho