Obvious

To state the obvious is something that I am not very good at. I always downplay the things I do because I personally feel that it is an expected part of the job. A core competency. However, at my new client site, my eyes have been further opened. I can see fakeness and the exaggeration of minimal effort proliferate.

Hi all. I have created TWO subfolders in the public folder for easier segregation of documents.

The woman was announcing it like she separated two conjoined twins.

Hi all. I sent out the email with the attachments for your easy reference. OH THANKS, it would have been SO difficult for us otherwise.

You know how to attach files? Wait till you learn about forwarding. I do not know whether the appreciative person was being sarcastic, or just plain helpless.

I must start applying these skills to my resume. To make the mundane seem magical. Everyone can be a miracle worker with the right wording. Cheers.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fuyoh... I hope this client doesn't give you too much trouble. :P
Will said…
Hi, I just wanted everyone to know that I just typed this sentence!
Prash said…
I agree...some just talk about the obvious for hours. I always felt that you should have some talents to do that (talent = to ridicule oneself).
Medie007 said…
uhh... I don't geddit. :P
Twilight Man said…
EEEeeee! So familiar. A bitch boss used to send these to me & Lifebook. Bless you man.
[chocoley] said…
Geez, tht was a bit funny... Hope you stand the case until she misses out and maybe she's trying hard! :)

Btw how are you doin' there?
Prash said…
Oh Guess what !

I got an email from a guy asking for a job (which happens very often to me) saying that he is a computer-guy and he can help in cleaning a virus etc..and at the end he also added

"vous apprendre a créer un blog" (= I can teach you to creat a blog)

What a talent !
Cheryl said…
eeeeeeee..... so "FAKE" ... not my style at all..
Legolas said…
Hi y'all. I just sent this email to everyone so that you only need to click reply to all to send email to other people.

Now say thank you.
William said…
@JJ:
Hmm...

@Ban:
Nah, it's unrelated.

@Will:
OMG, I know!

@Prash:
It's an art.
Will he write posts too? Haha.

@AhB:
Soon...

@Twilight:
You're his colleague?!

@DazedBlu:
I'm doing fine. :). Nah, the woman in question is just some secretary that breathes the same air in the office.

@Cheryl:
Yes, I know. Lol.

@Legs:
Yes, I did once hear a glorified lecture on the importance of e-mail on the LRT by a Robert Walters consultant.
Twilight Man said…
Once upon a time, we were close colleagues.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho