Sweeney Todd


Sweeney
Swiped from williamnyk.
I'm due to have an appointment with my hairstylist. My hair is already to thick to style with the mud I have. It all just flops down. Might have to resort to adhesive or high-voltage shocks to bring "life" to my hair if things continue to drag on. The reason for this delay is because my stylist is no longer with Snips. He has spread his wings, becoming his own boss. Apparently, his new salon is still under renovation. He assures me by the latest mid-June. There better be an opening discount.

Since I'm on the subject of hairstylists, I just recently watched Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Come to think of it, I have not seen a single haircut in the movie. Oh well. I found the movie quite enjoyable really. Nice twists. The singing was fun, not too long-drawn. Helena Bonham Carter looked great with her smoky eyes and wild hair. And the same pallid complexion for Johnny Depp. So Edward Scissorshands. So Sleepy Hollow. So Corpse Bride. So Tim Burton. However, my favourite character is Beadle Bamkins-- the weasel-y henchman of Judge Turpin. Love his swagger and the flourish of his telescopic walking stick. And as expected, there are characters that I hate, namely Johanna and Anthony. Johanna looks more 30 than 15 and Anthony is just plain annoying with his patin lips and brash, love-struck antics. Their love just seems so shallow to me. Anyhow, I like the pace and the ending. On the blood-- the first kill kinda helps you raise your threshold as the rest just pale in comparison.

P.S.: Just look at the pic, a real CLOSE shave.
P.P.S.: I'm the King of Late Movie Reviews.

Comments

Darren said…
gor,make ur hair spiky!!
Katetricia said…
hmm... I wonder where is your usual hairstylist went.

He must be real good. Does he cut for females' hair too?
ikanbilis said…
its quite a good musical not great of a movie. i had trauma and didn't shave for weeks, not that i have that much of facial hair though!
Legolas said…
I still haven't watched it.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Yes, you need haircut. I nearly brought out the scissors when you were here ;-)
Janvier said…
Didja think of meat pies? We were hungry after the movie...
Mr.D said…
I have it in my computer, problem is i fall asleep after every song...
Jason said…
Ugh... the horror of lifeless, dangling hair. Same here.

Let's go for a shock :)
William said…
@Joe:
It's spiky in the first two weeks.

@Kate:
Yes, he does. And quite leng zai.

@IkanB:
Hahahaha. I don't shave at all. :P

@Legs:
Go watch!

@JJ:
Blek!

@Janvier:
Tong Kee Siew Pau?

@Darren:
Not bad la the singing.

@Jason:
How many kilowatts?
Ganymede said…
By the sea~~~

Heheheh. I heart Sweeney Todd~~~
I loved the song "No one's going to hurt you" in that musical (I forget the real title of the song), but it was beautiful. When Barbra sang it, I was in near tears.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho