Paragon Posse


collageBKKDay2
Swiped from williamnyk.
... Continued from here...

On my second day there, I got up early with my boss to have breakfast at the buffet line. A good mix of western (toast, croissant, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages and ham) and local fare (dim sum, porridge, noodles). Took a 40-minute cab ride to the potential client, somewhere near Esplanade Mall. The presentation was mostly boring with my boss doing his stuff for the Executive Director and several department heads and me driving the slides. Luckily, just one or two minor hiccups occured when we showed the demo system. Lunch was at a Japanese fast food restaurant where orders were taken with a PDA and the ocha came in polka-dotted tea pots! So English Tea. At the end of the presentation, my boss and I took the subway (my virgin ride!) from Cultural Center to Silom to interchange with the BTS and on to Siam station where Siam Paragon is. Dinner was at the food court, and boy did we gorge. Two persons ended up with more than five plates on the table-- Pad Thai, grilled pork balls, grilled chicken, somtam (with raw oysters), vege wraps and seafood cakes.

My boss went on a shopping spree, buying himself a pair of shoes and a jacket. I left him at a coffee shop and went off to do my own shopping. Bought Daniel Henry's birthday present and "The Love of Siam" DVD that Kenzon asked for. Nothing else caught my eye. At Paragon Department Store, there was a whole Goth-Shinjuku-Cosplay function going on with loads of weirdos floating around. The amount of hair products and hair colour used was astounding. Reached home before nine, and I still found myself with the energy to go for a night swim. Always find it easier to swim in Bangkok with their salty, buoyant pool water. Was very peaceful with the dim lights and the pool all to myself. Pure bliss...

collageBKKDay2-2

Comments

Cheryl said…
ur boss size definately can "hoot" in 5 plates one shot by himself... no worries :P HAHAHA
Jaded Jeremy said…
Speaking of PDA, the first time I encountered waiter using PDA to take order is at a coffeeshop selling bak kut teh. Surprising, isn't it?

Me want Love of Siam with English subtitle :-(

Wahhhhh you ate so much!
Unknown said…
oh my god, more and more people going travelling, i am so very jealous.
Little Prince said…
woooooooooooooo pressie!!! LOL!
why didn't you show PICTURE?
-_-
anticlimax!
Pluboy2 said…
PJ got chicken rice shop use PDA to take order. Near EPF office..

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho