True Colours

Some days back (now even), I was quite annoyed at work. I had worked lateand was quite tired. My phone had nearly run out of juice. Sis, brother-in-law and mum had fetched me from the LRT station, but they were not going home yet as they wanted to listen to a political speech at Seri Petaling night market. At around 9:30pm, my colleague called me to say that there was a problem with the demo system he was preparing for the monkeys at marketing. And of course, my phone died the moment he described the problem to me. I scrambled to the nearest bakery to whip out my laptop and plug my phone into the USB port. I called SK who happened to be there to lend me her phone. Due to some communication problem, she couldn't assist me in time. By the time I managed to called my colleague, he had left and expected me to pick up the pieces. Api naik kepala! By the time she arrived with HP, I flamed them both in my temper.

Most of my friends would say that I smile a lot and have quite a pleasent demeanour (though mulut celaka a bit). They rarely see me angry. They rarely see the real me. For those who are very close to me, like SK and KH they have seen what I am capable of in times of stress. I do actually blow my top and only in front of people whom I dare to bare my soul to. In a way, it is quite unfortunate, as I would hurt the people that care for me the most. With SK, I can be very impatient at times. I can get very sarcastic. I can get cold. I can be brutally honest. I don't do it on purpose, and after each outburst, I feel terrible regret in my heart. With KH, I can get annoyed pretty quickly. I pull a face. I get moody. I show my exasperation. I love KH with all my heart and I hope that it won't push us apart.

"Baby, I notice that you get angry pretty quickly these days..."

"........."

"After being with you for 13 months, don't you think I know how to gauge your emotions? Try to control a bit, k? If we happen to be moody on the same day, then it would be bad situation to be in..."


Sorry to SK, KH and HP. I apologize for my outbursts.

And HP said it best, As long as you have the right friends, it is enough.

Comments

Little Prince said…
give him a password. when you are turning red, ask him to say it. :D
wait... give ME a PASSWORD too! i don't want to see red will. LOLs.
Glog said…
Its ok to be angry and frustrated once in a while...
Makes us human at the very least...
But don't let the sun go down on your anger... or so it seems in the bible...

Just remember that you always have friends, and family to blah it all out...

I find it helpful to sing it out...
Medie007 said…
ah... how nice to have such good friends... :)
Pike-chan said…
there there... it's ok to be angry, and acknowledge it.. and then let it go.... *pat pat*
Jaded Jeremy said…
Good news is that it is very possible to learn to control your anger and in fact to learn to be angry "constructively", if you know what I mean. It takes practice.
Cheryl said…
haha... dear...u knew u burst out easily ar these days? :P Can understand the frust.. but cubalah control sikit...I didnt feel angry on that day.. just worried very much what made you till THAT point.
Utopia said…
tis only human to be angry.
William said…
@DanielH:
The password shall be "Kiss me now!".

@Glog:
Will you sing me a song then?

@Bong:
:)

@Pikey:
Yes, it does help.

JJ:
I shall start painting my anger on a canvas and sell it for millions!!!

@Cheryl:
Something pushed my buttons...

@Utopia:
Welcome. But it still is scary.
savante said…
Good to have close friends around that you can rant to but I guess you have to have limits. I like daniel's idea :P
Ganymede said…
Everyone's got some sort of vices. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho