Paper Chase


MCTS
Swiped from williamnyk.
Finally the certificates that I earned after passing the Microsoft exams I took in October have arrived in the mail. One certificate is for my induction as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and another is for the specific paper that I took. Both are "signed" by Bill Gates. Lame. In the package is a welcome note, a 20% discount voucher for purchases from the MCP site (geek stuff no doubt) and a member card that has no use whatsoever except for the number that is on it. With the number, I am able to access the MCP site for information and it also contains my transcript. My current MCP status is also useful to my company as it is currently hungering for points to maintain Microsoft Gold Partner status. But you know what, I only contribute a measly 1 point. :P. Anyway, this is just the first step as I plan to take more exams to make myself more relevant and to pad my resume. Might as well take advantage of the current leniency in company policy to take technology certifications. There are a few paths that I can follow and after having a long discussion with my Burmese counterpart, I have decided to look further into attaining Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) status. Time to look at the possible exams to take and once again pore over pdf textbooks.... arghhh...

Comments

Pike-chan said…
good luck to u ya... i'm still stuck at the old syllabus and holding an MCAD.
Cheryl said…
oh dear... wanna study again.. wait until u have time then. or else will be burning midnight oil again.. pity u for no rest.
Fable Frog said…
wah~ good for you to have the will to upgrade yourself~ you seem to be so busy already~ hope u can manage your time well~ good luck!
ikanbilis said…
i used to take up a microsoft course for 400 bucks at my old computer learning center. they replaced the nice teacher with a bitch, and shut down the business since she was a big slut.

and there goes my 400 bucks. and that was 8 years ago or godknowswhat.

haha. sometime, i think i'm a geek, but i'm more hippie now
Derek said…
Yeah, get more passes before you leave! ;-) Finally can teman me study haha
Ganymede said…
Ooooo.

Go get more papers then. :)
Medie007 said…
wah. got such thing one ah?


kakakkakakakakakak. :P


btw, all the best!
lazyfellow said…
go for it man. i regretted not taking the certs while i'm at my prev comp. good luck
Unknown said…
You know it's not wrong to upgrade whatever skills you have. At least you are learning...
William said…
@Pikey:
I heard that the certs will expire in 3 years without an update.

@Cheryl:
Bersusah2 dahulu...

@Fable:
Thanks froggie. You're a sight for sore eyes!

@JJ:
What privileges?

@IkanB:
Do you do make love not war? :P

@Derek:
You should get more than me!

@QueerR:
:)

@Bong:
Thanks!

@Lazyfellow:
That's why lo, have to take advantage. Thanks.

@DaoHui:
But one tends to forget things that are not used.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho