5th Anniversary

On the 3rd of March 2008, I celebrated five years with my current company. I even did my industrial training there and just 3 days after I took the last paper of my semester, I joined and I have been working since. It didn't hit me until an ex-colleague of mine sent me an sms reminder. I was given plenty of exposure, with regular trips to Jakarta in the early years of my employment and in addition to that, I was given the chance to visit Bangkok for a short stints. The regional experience was valuable, and there was the monetary factor as well. Most of the people that I have known have left. From junior, I am now one of the old faces and have moved in to fill those voids in the organisation. I see opportunities before me, but they are quite a double-edged sword as well. Within my company, there is much flexibility, but with it, comes chaos as well. I guess have I have grown a bit accustomed to such an environment and I feel it isn't that healthy. But in all things, there are pros and cons. As with Alex's recent rant, there is the question what loving one's job. To be honest, on more than one occasion I have told myself that there should be better ways to make a living. And on the matter of living in monotony, stuck in a job that is sadly just a job. And it reminds me of a Giordano T-shirt I saw somewhere:

Life is not a Job

Somethings really not right when you feel that you're in some kind of endless cycle of suffering. Kerja pun mampus, tak kerja pun mapus. Perhaps I should listen to Jaded Jeremy and find my cheese elsewhere. Happy Anniversary to me. Yay.

Comments

Little Prince said…
those trips mean nothing if work is involved. it's a different story is it's just a holiday trip... -_-
Little Dove said…
Life is not a job. Agreed. But somehow, that's how we live our lives...work,work and work.

Happy Work Anniversary!
Alex said…
Well, my time to console you.... it's not too bad... maybe need some perspective shift. Life is not a job, but job is not life either... :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
I'm guessing many of us are not in our "ideal" job. However, having acknowledged that it's difficult to get my ideal job, I told myself to make best use of the circumstances. You need not wait till you find the perfect job but instead go for something even marginally better. No need to self-sentenced yourself to worse job, right? :-)

Good luck!
Pike-chan said…
Good to know u r having some job satisfaction to tie u up there.... and as alwiz if u open for options, jz let me know ;)
savante said…
Unfortunately I think most of us have gotten the blues at work lately. Sigh.
William said…
@DanielH:
Work Monday to Friday, weekends go have fun lor...

@LittleD:
Work until die. Thanks. :P

@Alex:
No job. no life? Bukan jugak hor...

JJ:
Taicho angry I never acknowledge that he also ask me to switch job. :P

@Pikey:
Hehe. Can always count on you.

@Savante:
Any drugs to prescribe?
Glog said…
Someone has to ban that Tshirt from giordano...
I wore it once and I found a friend who wore the exact one and worst... same colour...

My worst fear baju!!!
Anonymous said…
Work= all encompasing and generally worrying. :(
Jason said…
Maybe at the end of the day, we'll just sit down consoling each other? :p

Happy (or not so Happy) Anniversary~

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho