Polygraph Nights

"The best persian rugs are the product of the deft hands of masters who can weave intricate patterns of hundreds of knots per square inch..."

I am a bit ashamed to admit that I've become quite the habitual liar these days. My ability to spin tales has been honed these past months. The intricacies of telling half-truths, timing, the gauging of mood. Even SK is surprised. I do not blink. I do not avert my eyes. I look the person in the eye. I speak with confidence. My heart does not thump. I spin my tales and I find myself getting tangled deeper and deeper. I do it to live my life, to be my true self and yet I must blanket myself with lies again. Isn't it ironic? Do I have a choice? Of course I do. But I am still hiding. I am still running.

It has been swept under the rug. And I continue to weave that rug...

Comments

Cheryl said…
Dear, life is at such and you do it to live on. I know that's not the true u. To tell a lie, we do need more lies to cover it.... that's the fact. For now, the protocol need to be at such for the benefit of harmony and peace. Be patience... *HUGS*
adrien said…
but rugs are essential items that play vital parts in anchoring and uniting all the separate pieces in a particular space. without them, everything will float.

err can that be somewhat intertwined (no pun intended) to what you've said and be an analogy than ACTUALLY makes sense? :p
Anonymous said…
When the right time comes, you will choose to stop hiding or stop running. Until then we do what we must.
MrBunnyBan said…
Mooooooove to Singapore. That or start a cultural revolution. >.<
savante said…
All I can think of are the persian rugs! I need to get more!
Janvier said…
What a tangled web we weave
When we practise to deceive.


Little lies and big lies...don't let them bite you back hor.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Though at times necessary, I try to minimise the amount of lies as it is troublesome to keep track of them. Half-truth misleading statements are better than lies I supposed.
Pike-chan said…
dont go too deep ah.. nanti u have trouble getting it back up.... and wad mess you'll be in...
Melvin Mah said…
It all depends on whether is there's a need for a lie to exist on a matter....

Some does, some don't...

Life is such..
rugs are nice. only they collect a lot of dust.

ah! another who can lie with a straight face. fun and games for everyone!
William said…
@Cheryl:
Protocol? SOP ada? lol

@Adrien:
Thanks for the interior decorating tip. :P

@Kopi Soh:
What we must...

@Ban:
Moving down wouldn't solve anything...

@Savante:
I'll pass you mine when I'm done with it.

@Janvier:
The danger is always present.

JJ:
Teach me o Master!

@Pikey:
Pray for me!

@M5l:
I NEED to lie. Ugh.

@Quicksilverlining:
It's not an enjoyable skill. :P
Will said…
If others force you to lie just so you can live your life, a life in which you don't hurt anyone, then the fault lies with them, not you.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho