Anak Pontianak

Not many Malay dramas had caught my eye since last last year's Seputeh Cinta Qaseh, although TV3 practically airs twoseries a night and it changes every other night. We get crap like "Puteri" (Louisa Chong is really freaky in that one) and "Ai' di Beijing" (I guess it means Love in Beijing) and the sometimes amusing "Dunia Baru" (I watch merely to see the ultra-religious maternal figure, Umi -- kap ba ro kap alif ta nun).
Amidst all the dramas of tears, love, bad business ethics and bitchy, buxom women, we get one series with a supernatural theme, "Anak Pontianak".

I must say that that the acting is not particularly good (the protagonist, Mia can only do two expressions-- human grunt and pontianak grunt) and the story not exactly coherent (way lots of kidnapping scenes just to show off some pontianak powers), but still it's a fresher idea than the rest. Well, the series ended last week and truth be told, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. But I don't think that it's not entirely the script writer's fault since I missed like, 70% of the episodes. Kakaka. But still, it was fun seeing Mia turn from constipated girl to bad make-up pontianak having a big show down with the baddies with bad script to boost.

"Mia, kenapa awak masih nak maafkan saya, saya dah buat banyak dosa..."

"Bertaubatlah, Salmiah..."

"** Cackling ** Cepat serahkan Batu Mulia itu!!"


What?! One minute remorse, one minute evil. It was nothing like Lamia's final scene. The bad pontianak just looked like she had a split personality or the writers were just high on too much Batu Mulia. Until the next semi-decent production comes along...

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL

i watched it the other day with my mom...

i thought it's called Pontisusuk or something...

the scene i watched she has to combine power with another guy by holding his rod :P
joshua said…
LoL... I was ironing my shirts while watching the show...

My face was stuck in this condition

*__*||
Raymond said…
"...combine power with another guy by holding his rod."

i was watching the same series & i bet i must have REALLY missed something...
Little Prince said…
hell. what is going on with the industry~ 4 months of absence and this is what they are producing now!?
ikanbilis said…
my mum loves horror stuff, and i used to see a lot of those things flying around. haha!
adrien said…
you're more malay than i am, i swear to god.
Chris said…
Hi, I can't find any contacts on your blog. Can I ask you to send a note for me? My email is in profile.
Thanks, Chris
Pike-chan said…
hhmmmm... seldom watch malay series at all.... rather watch Hindi movies, lolx
William said…
@JL:
Yeah, I also saw something like "Pontisusuk". ROD?!
Must be the tongkat.

@Joshua:
Nasib baik tak teriron your hand from the shock.

@Raymond:
Welcome. One of the highlights that I miseed too.

@Daniel:
Don't worry, they'll have a special crossover episode with Gold & Gincu soon.

@IkanB:
Spooky!

@Adrien:
I'm not even 1/8 Malay le. :P

@Chris:
Oh, ok.

@Pikey:
Hindi movies are toooo long.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho