Quiet Reflection

Every Christmas, I would be going around with my BEC posse to spread Christmas cheer via carolling. We'd be all dressed in red and we'd belt out songs in English and Mandarin, with the accompaniment of guitars and tamborines. However, behind that noble intent, it was our best money horse. Heh. Unfortunately, we didn't do any carolling. The parish priest had decided that carolling should only be done after Christmas, so that kinda potong our steam. No extra income, no lavish christmas party. I don't mind not having the giant Christmas do, but missing out on the experience of carolling is another matter. Nothing beats going around in a convoy of cars, singing our hearts out, reading some scripture and later makan-makan plus fellowship. Still, we made do. We just had a simple potluck and invited some friends. Managed to do our carolling. Our face-stuffing (my first time tasting salted-egg chicken). Had a little Gospel reading. Some sharing (an elderly couple's trip to Jerusalem). Some recap of 2007 with a great slideshow that brought back lots of memories.

Right after the recap, we did a personal reflection of sorts-- thinking back on 2007. I closed my eyes and waded past all that I had gone through. How I had been truthful to myself, how I had met a lot of wonderful people who have helped me along the way, specifically KH, how we had fell in love, how that love caused turmoil in my life and my family's life. How SK and JM's own challenges had affected me. How work had taught me many lessons. In a nutshell, it was a good year and a bad year. For all that has happened, I am grateful. It had to happen. It was required. For the culmination who I am today. I look back and I can cry, laugh and smile. Goodbye 2007... and Hello 2008!

Life is too short for regrets...

Comments

Will said…
Thank you for being a big part of my life this year and for opening some very interesting doors.
Cheryl said…
Life is too short for regret... looking forward for the road in future. Though is unpredictable, though will full of torn and difficulties.. but you are not walking alone anymore, my dear. Thanks for walking by my side too...thank you so much. I love you!
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year to you and family!
Jaded Jeremy said…
May the coming new year brings much happiness to you and your loved ones.
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year, sending warm hugs to you the whole year long, I do miss the carolers, they dun kam door to door singing anymore now :(
Alex said…
Happy New Year!!!! Have a great year ahead!!
Cheryl said…
@ Savante: 3 8 like Alex.. :P
William said…
@Will:
**hugs**

@Cheryl:
Jalan sama jalan, kalau tersungkur tu, tolong sama tolong la...

@BengBeng: JJ: Alex:
Happy New Year to you too!

@FireHorse:
Next time sing for you if you're around. :P

@Savante:
JM, SK and I make a trinity.
thompsonboy said…
who can forget the shower skanking?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho