FRIM


collageFRIM
Swiped from williamnyk.
The Forest Research Institute of Malaysia is quite a nice place to commune with Mother Nature. Kinda reminds me of Bukit Pelindung back my hometown of Kuantan, where my friends and I would hike half way up the steep hill (topped with a terrestrial TV broadcast station) and then take the detour jungle trail to the second bay of Teluk Chempedak. SK, mum and I met up with the rest of the BEC gang at 8:00am.

Individuals and vehicles are charged entrance fees of MYR5 and MYR1 respectively. We only started one hour later due to late-comers and confusion trying to locate the information center in order to buy the canopy walk tickets. The signage is inadequate and confusing and the staff are uninformed.

"Eh, tak tahulah kat mana beli tiket tu. Mungkin kat luar sana kot..."

"Tiket tu boleh dibeli di Canopy Walk sana. Tapi, takde tiket je."


Ironically, a woman whom we mistook for the staff was more informative than the actual people working there. Stupid. Unhappiness aside, we hiked to the canopy walk through a consistently steep road. Perhaps a gradient of 15 degrees. Gravel road. And it was a wet morning. So the leeches were out and about and the weather cool. However, I didn't get "sucked" in the jungle, like Lex. By the time we reached the exit, I was already sweating. From there on, it was an uphill hike. Masyallah, felt like I had a thigh master strapped to my legs. My stamina sucks. After some time, we made it to the canopy walk.

We caught our breath for a while before proceeding. Felt kinda ashamed when I saw a 70 year old woman sashaying up with her UFO-like comb-up, not even breaking a sweat. The walk in the trees is just 200 metres. It can only take 5 adults at a time and most of the observation platforms can only accomodate 4 persons safely. It's not as scary as the Taman Negara Pahang version as it is not as high and bouncy. I reached home at about 12+, and after a quick shower, SK and I rushed to Jase's birthday party.

Had to make 2 stops to get the birthday cake (dented at one end due to an emergency brake) and ta pau the Puchong Batu 14 Yong Tau Fu. Reached before 2:00pm. Managed to meet up with Jase, Eric, Chester (tell me about the ring!), Wilson (nice to meet you), Robb and Zach. The rest were Jase's colleagues and their partners. It was a potluck and the food was good.

Lawrence's mango chicken with bell peppers and Floraline's freshly-brewed coffee (she plans to open a cafe and she even made us fill in a market survey form after drinking her cup of joe) deserve a special mention. Watched some movies, chatted, watched some uneventful strip mahjong and ate.

SK and I left around 6:00pm, nursing aching muscles. I think a more frequent pilgrimage to FRIM would earn me buns of steel. A great Deepavali.... ages ago.... :P

Comments

Ganymede said…
Awwww. Come let me usap-usap some lotion to sooth that buns to steel of yours. :P
Janvier said…
Deepavali? Stale post! No warning! Hahahaha :D
[Q]-ben said…
me also wanna go canopy walk. i've tried the sedim, penang hill and taman negara ones, but have yet to try the one in FRIM...is it any nice??
Will said…
I'd be happy to evaluate the steelness of your buns.
Jason said…
You went to these places with your mom?? If only my mom willing to leave the house...
thompsonboy said…
ni...nak tanya..how come these days u dun come online ala msn?
Jason said…
go FRIM never invite me. Although I go before!

BORING AND LOTS OF MOSQUITOES!!!

GROSS PLACE! :'p
William said…
@QueerR:
Hahaha. Kalau dah steel kena usap grease.

@Jan:
Kalau tak macam mana tipu you baca?

@QBen:
Not bad. Of course cannot compare with Taman Negara!

@Will:
Haha. Skank!

@Jason:
Mum's all over the place!

@TBoy:
Blocked!

@John:
?

@Jase:
Let's not forget about the leeches.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho