Sunday Brunch

Though I frequently distend my tummy by going for buffet dinners, it has been t least 8 years since I had a high tea. Since I had a free high tea for two compliments of Milennium Hotel (formerly known as Regent Hotel), I finally went to break the dry spell. Truth be told, not exactly FOC also la, I already paid for it when the telemarketer suckered me into joining their membership. So, if anyone wants to eat there or rent a room, you can give me a ring and you'll get 50% off the bill.

It was a family outing with my mum, sister and brother-in-law. A nice cozy buffet of Western (scallops and raw oysters!), local (ever had Char Kuey Teow with Salmon and Cod fish slices?) and Japanese cuisine, dim sum (siew mai and crispy deep-fried wanton!), seafood barbeque (sweet, succulent lobster!), cute-sy desserts and free-flow beer. In addition to the food, you have guitarists crooning oldies like "Mr Bojangles" and Gypsy Kings fare. There was even a clown (didn't get his name) who showed us magic tricks at our table and made balloon animals. A very enjoyable experience.

After brunch, I did some shopping in Lot10 and bought myself a kiddy bedsheet from Aussino. Before heading home, stopped a while at Nichii, Sungai Besi, my mum's favourite fashion haunt. The place was riddled by sienz husbands and boyfriends waiting for the wives and girlfriends go ga-ga over the clothes. By the time I got home, I was dead tired and I just crawled into bed to sleep. Woke up at 9:00pm after receiving a call from my dearest KH. Just had a few slices of Turkey Ham Loaf from Bread Story and a cup of Milo before sleeping some more! The nap really did me some good, a much needed recharge. Berusaha!

Comments

Melvin Mah said…
It's a curse! I feel like I've just had rubbish in my mouth after reading what you had.....oyster, scallop, lobster, salmon....ish ish.....
Medie007 said…
argh.. darn... i'm so hungry already...
Imeku said…
There is so much food, omg! The buffet spread looks good.
Does Nichii offer oversize lady garment like Ms.Read?
Anonymous said…
"A nice cozy buffet of Western (scallops and raw oysters!), local (ever had Char Kuey Teow with Salmon and Cod fish slices?) and Japanese cuisine, dim sum (siew mai and crispy deep-fried wanton!), seafood barbeque (sweet, succulent lobster!)"

Since when do high teas have such nice food? I haven't been to one in ages too, and I vaguely remember it's usually lighter fare and buffet lunch leftovers. Definitely no oysters or lobsters.

And free too! Tell me your secret to getting free meals!
William said…
@M5l:
Hehe. Decadent Food Intake.

@Bong:
My posts have that effect on many readers. :P

@Imeku: Zemien:
It's good. 72.80 nett. Expected. Not free. Paid. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho