Old School

Some months back, my ex-F6 classmate got married. WK's the name. For some reason, SK calls him "Dad". Some kind of pseudo-Electra Complex?! At first, I was supposed to attend the wedding with SK, but since she flew off to Germany, I used it as an excuse not to go. Not to say that I was exceptionally close to the guy, but he's an OK guy and I buy facial products via his wife with a hefty employee's discount. Definite Brownie points there. Anyway, SK and I were supposed to treat him to dinner since we both skipped his wedding. But it turned out to be a failure, like the whole Chia and Kiat fiasco in Singapore. WK invited a whole bunch of other ex-classmates, some whom I have not seen in 8 years.

What happened to you William?! I wouldn't dare to tegur you if I saw you!

I don't think I've changed THAT much la. I didn't eactly shed my geeky image. I'll just call it a little touch up. Anyway, it was nice meeting the rest. Quite a number of them are in the pharmaceutical line. Pharmacy Managers. Medicine Sales Executives. Found out a little nugget of information-- the little blue pill can cost up to RM70 per tablet by the time it reaches the consumer! Didn't know it was that expensive. Now I know why those tongkat ali quacks still do brisk business.

Dinner was at New Paris, SS2, where food is served in 10 minutes (little wonder since most of the stuff is pre-prepared anyway). Cheap too. Had all the customary signature dishes of Champagne Chicken (chicken and watermelon), Braised Pork with Deep-Fried Bun, House Beancurd (fried, with minced meat) and Stewed Ribs. We later adjourned to Kayu for a round of drinks and their famous Roti Tisu. The night ended real early. But it was long day for me, so I guess heading home was a good idea...

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
Aiya, got classmates but no weding guy.
ss2 = New Paris? Blegh.
Melvin Mah said…
Sometimes it's just weird to meet up with ex-classmates. Not to mention 9 out of 10 of them talks bout nothing but medical issues.

"I was in the brain surgery when I was in..."

Grr...I'm the only one in my class not taking medic which makes me a black sheep* How wonderful..haha
ikanbilis said…
roti tisu is very sedap!
KopiSoh said…
So was it fun 4 u? I didn't get a sense that you were enjoying yourself leh?
savante said…
Wah New Paris sell all that kah. Why no Ratatouille?
Pike-chan said…
eh.... now it's another round of showing the before-after pic, hahaha... this time is the pic during the school days and the current one ;p
William said…
@Ban:
Nobody in your group has gotten married yet?!

@M5l:
Medic is boring. :P. Bo offence to Savante.

@IkanB:
Diabetes!

@FireH:
I'm the anti-social kind. :P

@Savante:
I'm sure banyak rattatouille kat belakang.

@Pikey:
Where got pic wor? Haha.
Pike-chan said…
eh.. i mean you should be posting pics.. for us to see how you look like during school days and now... kekeke
Ganymede said…
Ooooo roti tisu from Kayu. Nice but scary.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho