ManBag


Photo-0146
Swiped from williamnyk.
After a hiatus of 3 months, I finally went for my swim with SK. I was worried that I had forgotten how to swim. That my movements would be awkward and I'd forget how to breathe. Well, I didn't forget. I guess it's like riding a bike. But I wouldn't know about that. Perhaps it's like sex? Yeah, I guess one would never forget. But then, swimming is not as hard-wired as sex. :P. Anyway, I only swam for like 40 mins before I felt like I had no more thrust. It was like I was static in the water. My spindly arms and legs had called it a day. The kids were also getting rowdy and a pair of little girls were giggling at SK and I the whole time, so we decided to leave.

We headed to MV to have dinner with a friend at Kim Gary. The place was packed as usual.

Waiter: Smoking or non-smoking?

Moi: Non-smoking.

Waiter: We have an opening at the smoking section at the moment, do you mind?

Moi: Is anyone smoking there at the moment?

Waiter: Errr....


Oh well. I'd rather wait. It's bad enough shoveling taste enhancers, permitted food conditioners and colourings into your mouth, so I'd rather not kill my lung cells at the same time. The table we were shown to had an excellent view of the smoking section in the open area. Directly in my line of vision, a guy was sitting at the table with a woman's handbag slung at his shoulder. He was holding onto it like it contained life-saving plasma. He would eat, talk and drink with it. I guess at one point in time, he caught me staring at him, so he put in on his lap. A weird scene. Please guys, if it doesn't go with your outfit, don't tote it. So salah.

After dinner, we shopped a little and I finally bought my most expensive pair of shorts (cropped pants sounds so classy) at MYR59.50. I so hate to admit that the price of shorts is on par with long pants. Headed home and rested. The next day, my calves and inner thighs were screaming for muslce-relaxant. I was walking like I had some kind of sex marathon. :P.

Anyway, what does one keep in a manbag?

Comments

Pike-chan said…
a manbag? i think it's a hassle.. i put my wallet, my keys and handphone in my jeans pocket
Will said…
I put my mobile in there, some stuff for my lips (gets so dry here), my camera (never know when you want a photo) and my sunglasses.

Also, if I have a bag, maybe a nice guy like you will stare at me.
handphone, keys, address book or other sort of diary, ipod, sunnies, penknife, flashlight, a book, chapstick, comb, a new bar of soap, condom (just one), a fresh pair of ankle socks, a fresh set of undies. all relative to the size of the bag, and your destination, of course.
Pluboy2 said…
I agree with WIll on the 2nd part.. we carry it so that People Like yoU will look..

Well.. i used to carry a bag while in singapore cos its more handy.. but now.. i dumped everything into my car.. :)

what's in a manbag? hmm .. what's a manbag?!

OKok.. keys, camera, phone, coins, cards, phone cards (when phone cards reign), scissor, army knife, keys, pen, paper, Trevvy Flirt Card, padlock, tissues from restaurants, mp3 player, batteries, clay/mud (i dun use gel), vouchers, receipts, hmm what else.. oh watever things that you picked up along the way out there shopping.. everything goes in.. and out into the dustbin at home..
adrien said…
lets see..me messenger has

1. two pairs of sunglasses
2. a pair of reading glasses
3. a bottle of perfume
4. cellphone ear phones
5. house keys
6. wallet
7. car keys
8. thumb drive
9. lighter
10. ciggies (don't smoke though. a momento of me best friend)

would love to expand this collection with a mini flashlight, swiss knife, and a hankie. :p
Ganymede said…
Does mine constitute as a manbag? Heheheh.

I got:

a book,
keys,
contact lenses solution,
my spectacles,
perfume,
earphone,
second phone,
oil paper,
coins,
umbrella,
a bottle of water.
Anonymous said…
I have tons of stuffs in my back pack... don't dun call me Doraemon for nothing :P
William said…
@Pikey:
I concur!

@Will:
We have too many snatch thieves here. Losing an SLR can be a traumatizing experience. I wont look, I'll likely stare. Haha.

@QuickS:
Undies too!

@PluB:
Padlock?! Was last night a bit awkward?

@Adrien:
A hankie from Kenzo?

@QueerR:
No soft toy?!

@JL:
A backpack doesn't count. :P
Pluboy2 said…
padlock was just in case i need to freshen up, showered in the gym before the latecomers arrives :)

always is the case while in singapore :)

not so much in midvalley cos usually i am the one being waited :)
Pluboy2 said…
last nite? na... its good seeing you again in 3 MONTHS!!!


and it will be another 3 months before we see again.. sorry last nite jason was tired so we have to leave early given today is a working day!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho