Low Down: Kiasu and Sling. Paprika and Fabbrica


collage8
Swiped from williamnyk.
A continuation...

On Sunday, I dragged KH to to church. We went to the Church of the Blessed Sacrement somewhere in Alexandra Road. The mass time published in the website is wrong so by the time we arrived, it was already the homily. A very triangular church with a woody interior. The liturgy is fancier than I'm used to. Much use of incense and they even have a gong! I noticed a few things about the church. Firstly, the collection is really ineffective. They really should use longer poles. Secondly, I met the most kiasu Catholic. He actually went for communion twice! Talk about finishing your quota for the day. Pengz!

We left church, then headed to Chinatown Point to look at the SportsmenAsia shop. A very impressive collection. KH actually got me someting from there. Thanks dear! As my throat was a bit sore, I bought gui lin gao there, from a shop called Hong Woh Tong, a blatant rip-off of KL's Kwong Woh Tong. Everything looks the same, except the spelling. The gui lin gao sucked. SGD5! No choice. I also bought a pair of black leather work shoes there. Cushy and light. Time to give my old pair a rest. After ta pau some pastries from DeliFrance, we rushed to the Picture House to catch Paprika. An interesting anime about an invention that allows people to share dreams. Quirky themes and catchy music. The movie aside, I settled on my new fragrance, cK Eternity: Summer. I know I have always demonized cK, but hey, this one's good.

Later, we headed over to New Urban Male at Heeren to fulfill JM's wish list of AussieBum underwear. SK whipped out her list, and the store assistant, Sherwyn did his best to layan her. The stuff there is really expensive. SGD50 for a tank top! Masyallah. She bought SGD75 worth of underwear, and after Sherwyn tempted us to top it up to SGD100 to get a 10% discount and a member card, we chose a C-IN2 push up brief. It uses a sling to accentuate your crotch (perhaps noose is more suitable a word). It was really funny seeing Sherwyn explain to us how it is worn. For a couple of times, he avoided saying the word "penis", and finally settled on using the word "profile". But he didn't seem to have a problem with "balls". Haha. So complicated. So Leceh. So strangling. o.O.

Dinner was with my brother at Fabbrica, Dempsey Road. A posh italian place in an old army camp. We ordered a cheese and eggplant starter, arugula salad, Tagliata of Angus Beef (succulent 200-day old beef), a swordfish wrap with mango salsa and Papperdelle with Duck Ragout. We washed it all down with a bottle of Merlot. Dessert was a Chocolate Lava Cake (a cake filled with melted chocolate, topped with ice-cream) and Panna Cotta with Raspberries (a custard-like dessert). Very nice. And very expensive. But it was my brother's treat, hehe. My brother met KH for the first time and it was a pleasant meeting.

SK told me that she talked quite a bit with my brother and I must say that the things he tells her is more than he tells me. He has always been aways from home. In boarding school since he was 12 and lived and studied in Singapore for more than 10 years. I know he loves me, but he really is distant at times. He tries his best to be a good big brother and I know that he is. We just have to talk more. Finale next...

Comments

Ganymede said…
Oooo. I want the underwear~~~
ikanbilis said…
masyallah!

what a price!

it tickles me to death when i saw that term as when i've opened up this page!
Titus Tan said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Imeku said…
I love the choc lava too. It is also offered as a choice of dessert at Wang Steak in Shanghai. http://www.wangsteak.com.tw/menu_eng_pre.htm
Their tag line hit a cord of everyone's heart string: 只款待心中最重要的人. A treat only for that very special person.
Z said…
Your siblings to nice one arr. Lol.
Anonymous said…
wah sei,u can really remember the assistant's name ar?I langsung tak ingat!(is not important for me anyway,hehe). I should let u have the pic of the brief that I like so u can upload it here.

Yeah, ur bro is very lovely. hmm...u can have "pillow talk" with him when he got back later.. :P
Will said…
Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend with family and friends. Those are good. But maybe next time it'll just be you and your sweetie. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho