Low Down: Bak Cho Mee and Textile Center


Carry My Heart
Swiped from williamnyk.
The bus back to KL was at 3:00pm, so KH and I had some left over time to spend together. Even took half day's leave to see me off. We woke up at around 9:00am, but practically lazed in bed till late, just enjoying each others' presence and finally getting to talk. Issues were dug up. Things were brought into the open. It is something KH enjoys doing though it makes me uncomfortable at times. For KH, problems should be tackled head on. Take the bull by its horns. I am slowly adapting to this gung-ho and open attitude to things. I know KH means well and just wants things less murky. But I must also point out that KH does not apply this in all things, but this also something that I accept.

From his HangZhou trip, KH bought me a little memento. A grain of rice suspended in a glass vial. On the grain of rice, is written:
"I only have you in my heart". And on the other side, KH's name in Chinese.

KH put it around my neck. I had actually noticed it lying around on the desk a few days before, but I didn't bother to look. I was really surprised that it was for me. A sweet gift. And I also gave him a sweet gift of my own after that. ;P.

During dinner the night before, my brother recommended us to have lunch at a place in Lavender that is famous for its Bak Cho Mee. Even printed out a map for us. That's my brother for you. It's kinda like Pork Noodles, but with a Singaporean twist. Quite a crowd there, but I didn't really like it. We also had lamb chops from a stall beside it at Tai Wah Food Center that is also supposedly famous since it has been featured on TV and in newspapers. The time to part arrived. SK and I hopped on the bus, KH headed back to the office. Already missing KH. Just another month I told myself...

On the way back, I slept like a log, but I also had a heart to heart with SK regarding my situation. My brothers' concerns. His take on my mum and I. I have learnt more about him from her than he ever told me. Sigh. I know he has his problems, but my problem is now somewhat his and I am so blessed that he is thinking of ways to help me. Thanks bro. Also talked to SK about her stuff, but it is always a vicious cycle. I just hope she can endure her sudden deluge of problems. The grass is always greener on the other side, but sometimes, I'm really glad I'm on my side of the fence. Fini.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hehe, what a nice pic that you took dear! Can really see the rice and words clearly ;P

Don't really remember what we talked about, mostly the lying about and cuddling that stuck in my mind.

*hugs*

KH
savante said…
Sweet gift. And you have a great brother :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
Awww the gift is so sweet! And don't worry, less than a month to see KH again :-) Time passes by quicker than you realise.

Ahhh, I know that Bak Cho Me. Used to eat with friends when it was at Marina Square. Current place is not convenient, and the long queue is bad.
Imeku said…
A wonderful piece of art work!
A more wonderful bro who will support you all the way!
Anonymous said…
heart to heart talk? seems like everyday we are talking from our heart to each other, dear. bukan ke gitu?

hmm... Ur brother love u lots. I really appreciate and thank him for that. really suprise me. dont envy if he talks to me more, because i am the one who asked.So, next time i suggest you can talk more with him. A lovely bro.

Need some time for me to digest for my part. i hope i can overcome some soon. thanks for being there. Love you lots.
Anonymous said…
Hi there. Just happen to stumbled upon your blog. Nice stuff you got here. :)
Pike-chan said…
i prefer to take the problems head-on.. this is what me trying to do with Edmund... but he often says... when the time comes then see how lo...
William said…
@KH:
Dear, I know that what I said may not seem accurate to you and I know you respect my freedom to speak my mind. But I care for you and I would declare here that I would do anything in my power to iron things out. *Hugs*.

@Savante:
I never knew. Now I do.

@JJ:
Hi! You finally found your way here. ;P.

@Imeku:
I'm glad I have him. Thanks.

@SK:
Everything seems like a neverending story.

@Tankiasu:
Hi! You must followed the crumbs from my food posts...

@Edmund:
I'm like Edmund. Intro me!
Anonymous said…
Neverending...yeah... tiring and I just have no choice.. i have u there to support n love ma. I just hope and pray things can be not so hard for me. I seriously cannot take more.
Pike-chan said…
hahahaha why u reply as @Edmund and not as @pikey leh? lolz.... he oso got blog ma... if you want then i give you his url la.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho