The Animal Farm

KK did the impossible the other day-- he actually managed to set up a gathering with a few of my ex-coursemates from UM whom I have not seen in ages. I had thought them extinct. I got off work and had KK pick me up from Sri Petaling where we picked up Egg and Fan before heading off to The Curve to meet the rest of the rare species.

Specimen I: L3
She was such a sight for sore eyes. I have not met her since I graduated in 2003. We were never that close, but she was part of the gang. Had been hiding out in Banting ever since. My expeditions never go that far. Nothing much had changed. Still the lion-maned woman I knew from years back.

Specimen II: Fan
The last sighting was 2 years ago at a mamak hang out in Seri Sentosa. I knew her usual watering holes, but both of us just didn't bother. She always played the busy card. Well, I guess it's true by the looks of things-- panda eyes. Always the nocturnal creature.

Specimen III: Lok
A depleted natural habitat must have driven her to a frail, gaunt look. A far cry from when she thriving in the forests of UM's Computer Science faculty. Seems that her chances to mate have also been met with some difficulty.

Specimen IV: KK
The only other male in the group, I had not seen KK for the months since I tagged him. Mostly seen marking his territory in Sri Petaling.

Specimen V: Egg
Of the bunch, she is the more domesticated kind. I visit her exhibit on and off during lunch. So, no surprises here. Same old gal, but with one difference. She has her own enclosure now.

Specimen VI & VII: Yin & Hew
I just lump them together coz this cross-species couple is really quite a pain to encounter. Can never get them to confirm. And one would not turn up without the other. It's rather troublesome and I really don't bother. But they did turn up. Oh goody!

Nak datang tu, datang je,
Kalau tak datang pun, tak kisah le.


The "Animal Farm" gathering was held at Nan Xiang Mantou Dian where the waitresses speak with a fake Beijing accent (our second choice since Itallianie's was full). Food is quite expensive, but I can say that their Xiao Long Bao is much better than Dragon-i's. Chock-full of porky goodness. In addition to that, I ordered Noodles in Chicken and English Gourd Soup. Quite good. Drank some Pu Erh tea. My first time, and I must say that it's not quite to my liking. We later proceeded to La Gourmet House: House of Meals & Memories for some coffee since Laundry was way crowded and noisy. The Macadamia Nut Latte there is not too shabby. The waiters wear cowboy hats and it kinda reminds me of Black Canyon Coffee. Or Brokeback Mountain. I was quite surprised at the amount of people at The Curve. So happening on Friday nights. Even met some of my colleagues there and even caught sight of Adrienz. I guess it's the place to be. Until my next expedition... signing off.

Comments

adrien said…
i thought this was a recent event, not till untill i saw my name in the end.

THE ANIMAL FARM WAS AGES AGO.

lol.

p/s: next time when calling for me, jerit la kuat-kuat sikit! (dah la nampak i tengah cakap tepon!)
Pike-chan said…
oooohhh..... all my little faculty juniors~~~
Anonymous said…
hmmm... if i went to the gathering, what would my enclosure be?...;p
William said…
@Adrien:
It's is quite usual for my posts to be at least 1 week late. Hehe. I call it "Timed Release". Ok lor, next time I will shout "ADRRRRRIEEEEENNN".

@Pikey:
Your junior meh?

@Mel:
Hmmmm.... the pygmy hippo. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho