Bite Me!

My throat and mouth is very sensitive. I would do anything in my power to keep my throat irritation-free and my oral mucosa ulcer-free. I watch my food intake and increase my fluid intake. Basically, I avoid all sorts of "heaty" foods. Yes, the sinfully-delicious fried stuff. I even avoid durians as more than 2 pieces will also give me a sore throat. And at the slightest hint of soreness, I will gargle with Bactidol or Propolis, drink honey, take herbal supplements or drink detox teas. As a result of my defensiveness, my body has a very low tolerance for these sin foods now. If the frying oil is oxidized from too much reuse, my body would react. If the food is too salty, my mouth and tongue would get rough and irritated.

And so, on one faithful day, I went to Sky Cafe at SS2 with Apollo. We sat upstairs where most of the patrons were playing Monopoly, cards or Jenga. Quite a cozy place if not for the abundance of smokers. Anyway, I wanted to order Yam Chicken Fillet, but they had run out, so I chose Golden Beancurd with Spicy Salt. Alarm bells! Nad choice. It turned out to be ultra-fried beancurd pok. Like eating beancurd biscuits. And boy, did I pay for it. Every bite I took out of the beancurd, it took a bite out of me. Halfway through, my mouth was bleeding. The picture isn't very clear, but you might see blood on the napkin. Serves me right.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haiyo...next time just don't eat it. Just pay for that, order some others. You knew you are 'hyper-allergic', still... hai...medication lagi mahal than the dish, hafta suffer some more.
Little Prince said…
OMG same same! i just can't take heaty stuffs!!! i'll turn like... ill immediately...
Janvier said…
Egads, looking for trouble! How's the mouth now?
Derek said…
OMG baby! Why didn't u tell me this that day?

*hugs & kisses*

I believe you're alright now.

Will eating more of it build up tolerance, so that eventually you can eat those fried stuff? O.o
Pike-chan said…
ekss..... kasihan nya... drink more water ya... guess you have to be careful on your choice of food liao..
Anonymous said…
Durians give you irritation? I haven't had them before.... I really wanna try them!!!
Anonymous said…
oh my... eat beancurd sampai mulut berdarah O_o

Hope you're alright now... Take care
Fitri said…
Ohh my .. Thats really super sensitive.. I cant eat durian too .. but .. cant eat LESS than 2 pieces .. :-)
William said…
@SK:
Haha. Memang makan ubat banyak.

@Savante:
*sniff sniff

@Daniel:
Ill immediately? Wahlau...

@Janvier:
Healed, but still a bit tender.

@Derek:
Aiyoh, don't want you too worry... I don't really want to build up tolerance... fried stuff is evil...

@Pikey:
Yeah, must be careful, but sometimes the temptation...

@Shigeki:
You got to try Durians. Not found in Japan meh?

@JL:
Ingatkan makan kaktus.

@Fitri:
Kakaka. Worse than me.
Fitri said…
Cant less than 2 pieces ,,,,coz I really like it .. so must be more than 2 pieces .. heheheheh

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho