Apocalypto


Apocalypto
Swiped from williamnyk.
You fear me

So you should... all of you who are vile

Would you like to know how you will die!

The sacred time is near

Beware the blackness of day

Beware the man who brings the jaguar

Behold him reborn from mud and earth

For the are he takes you to will cancel the sky

And scratch out the earth

Scratch you out and end your world

He's with us now...


The above prophecy was brought to you by the freaky plague-ravaged girl from Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. For
some reason, I was drawn to this scene. Maybe it was her crazy eyes. Maybe it was the spooky way she spoke. Maybe it was the message of death of death and destruction. Maybe it was just the idea of prophecy. As interesting as the devil speaking through the puked-out Regan from The Exorcist. I won't be doing a full-fledged movie review today. Just wanted to share this small snippet from the film. It's just a whole lotta running around and dying in horrible ways. But don't get me wrong, it's still fun.

I offered the DVD to KH and refused to watch it. But whadya know, he watched on the KL-SG bus. No escaping it. Hehe. He sms-ed me,

"Ei, the movie got people running about in loincloth one. The main actor looks like Ronaldino."

Yeah, that's the one.

It wasn't so bad seeing the human sacrifice scenes and the other gore. But I for one found it very uncomfortable to watch the torture scene in Pan's Labyrinth. Wanted to turn away... Oh well, not surprising coming from someone who as a kid, hid behind the cinema seat while Jeff Goldblum's genes were being spliced with that of musca domestica. Go figure.

Comments

Derek said…
Hmm, don't think i said the actors were running around in loin clothes. Just a lot of running and the guy looks like Ronaldinho, with less protruding teeth ;P

So "charn yan" (violent) especially the sacrifise scene, where they are stabbed in the heart and head lobbed off. And you said u didn't even flinch! I did!

But I thought Pan's Labyrinth was OK. Nothing really gory, even the torture scene. hehe
savante said…
Could you elaborate about the actors in loincloths? WIth pictures too. :P
Vengelyne said…
My bro was telling me that Apocalypto is a good movie, but I'm waiting for him to lend me the DVD.

I love Pan's Labyrinth. There was something disturbingly haunting about the movie to me, but it was lovely all the same. I think I'm going to get the DVD and watch it again. It's one of those few movies that I can watch over and over. Mmm hmm...
famil said…
i tot the sacrife is only once in ablue moon. but in the movie its round the clock.. crazy!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho