Ponsel


munaweroh
Swiped from williamnyk.
For some unknown reason, I have been getting a few SMS and MMS from Indonesians recently. There are only a few explanations I can think of:

1) Pure coincidence (then why have I not hit the lottery!!?)

2) My number is wrongly posted on some Indonesian migrants classifieds somewhere (lo mau cowok ganteng? kontek 016-XXXXXX)

3) DiGi screwed up big time (not surprising)


The first set of SMS I received was addressed to a woman by the name of Sri. The contents were in Javanese, which I promptly asked my counterpart in Jakarta to translate. It roughly went like this:

Sri, you're really shameless. No man would willingly take you as their wife. That's why you have to steal other people's husbands!

I just sent a reply to tell the fellow that I'm not 'shameless' (most of the time, at least) nor a woman and promptly blocked the number. Thinking that it was fluke and brushing the whole incident off, it then happened again. This time, a little more high tech-- MMS. It was just a picture of a plain Indonesian woman with the subject "munaweroh". As you can see from the pic, she's not in any state of undress, but God knows what was to come had I not blocked that number as well.

Any similr experiences? Please tell me I'm not alone...

Comments

Janvier said…
First mistaken for a scarlet woman and next for Single Indon Male? Next up, threat calls from angered Indon husband/brother-of-wronged-wife.
david santos said…
O dia 25 de Abril de 1974 foi o dia do derrube da ditadura fascista em Portugal, a chamada REVOLUÇÃO DOS CRAVOS, e a queda do (poder) dos inimigos do povo. 25 de Abril, sempre.

Day 25 of April of 1974 was the day of it knocks down of the dictatorship fascist in Portugal, the call REVOLUTION OF the flowers, and the fall of the power of the enemies of the people. 25 of April, forever!
يوم 25 نيسان 1974 كان يوم تقرع عليها من الديكتاتوريه الفاشيه في البرتغال والدعوة للثورة الزهور ، وسقوط سلطة أعداء الشعب. 25 نيسان ، الى الابد!


День 25 апреля 1974 года, в день он постучит в воздухе фашистской диктатуры в Португалии слово О РЕВОЛЮЦИИ цветы, и падение власти враги народа. 25 апреля, навсегда!
Le jour 25 d'avril de 1974 était le jour de lui frappe vers le bas du fasciste de dictature au Portugal, de la RÉVOLUTION d'appel des fleurs, et de la chute de la puissance des ennemis du peuple. 25 d'avril, pour toujours !
Tag 25 von April von 1974 war der Tag von ihm klopft unten vom Diktaturfaschisten in Portugal, von der Anruf REVOLUTION der Blumen und vom Fall der Energie der Feinde von den Leuten. 25 von April, für immer
25天41974年的一天,它拍下來的法西斯獨裁政權,葡萄牙 號召革命的鮮花,秋天的權力得到人民的敵人. 25日,永不停息
Melvin Mah said…
You're definitely not alone....

I'm not the one who received such calls/sms/mms though but I was the person who called the other one...

I dialed the exact number (016xxxxxxx)which was saved in my phone book earlier which I call very often so it can't be wrong...but I always ended up with a guy name Sashikumar a/l Patriaprataban...

DIGI's prob!!!!!!!!
Little Prince said…
omg i feel so deprived!
why no body call me for such nonsense?
HAHAHAHA

got la... some idiot kept calling daily at 6pm to make that annoying orgasm sound... then i will usually blast the radio on the phone for him to listen... =)

but as for text sms... no loh... sigh sigh... deprived... hehehe
Vengelyne said…
Mmm... perhaps someone scribbled your phone number on the wall of some toilet cubicle? ;-)

I'm OFF AIR? Well, I'm thinking of making a comeback... been thinking about it the past 2 weeks. The blog might need a revamp, but I've no time and am too lazy, not to mention the amount of spam I've to delete, too. Blegh.
William said…
@Janvier:
Danger! Danger! Danger!

@David:
???!!?!??!

@M5l:
Hahaha. Thanks for making me feel better.

@Daniel:
Orgasm sounds?! Kewl!

@Venge:
Really off air mah.... I await your return leh.
Sam said…
Actually, some time ago - I got an SMS from an Indonesian number congratulating me on my wedding. And I was like: what wedding?

Suffice to say, I was using DiGi too. :P (still am actually :D)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho