Hobbit Feet


Hobbit Feet
Swiped from williamnyk.
Neither am I talking about the Small Office, Home Office concept nor the place in US, but actually a foot treatment company. I guess I could say the cheap version of a podiatrist. The don't give pedicures and are not qualified to correct your foot problems but they specialize in cracked heels, bunions, calluses, toenail infections and the other sort of nasty skin conditions of the foot. They set up a booth at Jusco Seri Kembangan and the response was amazing. Young and old were lining up to get the the dead skin removed from their at RM25. Quite cheap seeing that the results are quite obvious and that the treatment takes around 2 hours and much disgusting effort on the part of the staff.

Their Hobbit-Feet Reversal Treatment
begins with an alcohol rub. Who knows were those feet have been. After that, some kind of skin softening cream is applied to the feet. Don't know what the active ingredient is, but for all I know, it could be some kind of meat tenderizer. Subsequently, they wrap both your feet in shrink wrap and put a towel wrap over it. Let it simmer for 20 minutes. After that, the scraping begins. With a special plastic scraper, pointed scissors and a something resembling a lightweight kukur parut they start removing the layers of dead skin cells from your feet. And it all comes out easily. Practically like snowflakes when they use the shaver. If it wasn't just the first quarter of the year, I would have sworn it was Christmas.

The treatment results in much nasty shavings and black paste. Blech. Most of the people undergoing the treatment do not seem to experience any discomfort at all. Several people I asked just said that it was ticklish. All dead skin, so I guess there are no nerves involved at all. My mum had a really severe case. At certain parts of her foot, the calluses had gone quite deep and the people can't scrape off too much since the skin at the surrounding areas would would be too thin and might bleed. So they did what the could. They did what they could and at the end of the treatment, they would do their sales pitch and encourage you to buy a home kit at just RM179. Yikes. Didn't buy it.

As I was standing there waiting for my mum, I was once again mistaken for the service staff and I wasn't even wearing a white shirt and black slacks (another story regarding Jusco). I don't know. Perhaps I just have that budak tunggu SPM look about me. Hehe. Perasan. I remember another time at Bata too. Ugh. But I played along and answered the prospective customer's query anyway. They should pay me commission!

Comments

R said…
hmm, u've always looked young. ain't tat a compliment to u? haha
Melvin Mah said…
ahhh...the budak tunggu SPM look...take it as a compliment....

unlike me...sigh~ i'll be happy if no one call me uncle..hahahahaha*

the ahpek tunggu isteri's look...
Janvier said…
We got mistaken as staff in Rock Corner and a couple of other places before too, but our bad was wearing black polo tees and black jeans.

A look, crisp-clear "I don't know, why don't you ask the staff?" and plugging earphones into ears did the trick.

Too bad couldn't make out how embarassed they look afterwards.
William said…
@Robb:
YES!

@M5l:
Ah Pek?! Where got Ah Pek so gaya one?

@Janvier:
Hahaha. So "inch".

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho