Mahjong Monk

Jase, my unofficial adik angkat (every anak bongsu's wish, I think, to have a little bro) was nice enough to teach me mahjong the other day. He and his housemate Mdm. Neo (kakakaka) introduced me to the world 3-person mahjong. She was obviously bored out of her skull and her hands were itching to play (I suspect she wakes up in the middle of the night to polish the mahjong set and talks to them, lol). I was slow to absorb the rules of the game and it does require some shrewd thinking. All the possible combinations to win. The gears in my head were really groaning, trying hard to turn... Since young, I hated all games academic in nature. Never took up chess. In the case of computer games, I frown upon strategy games, preferring instead beat-'em-ups and shoot-'em-ups. Give me instant gratification. Cheat codes? Bring 'em on! Being the mahjong virgin, I had beginner's luck, winning a couple of rounds, much to Mdm Neo's irritation and Jase's delight.

As a token of thanks for his introducing me to the sordid world of mahjong (without liberating any hard-earned cash from my wallet), I took the cute fella' to Ho Boh for Lei Cha. He also reiterated my opinion that the soup is a little bit not ommmph and mentioned the one at his hometown is much better. So I'm now waiting for an invitation to Ipoh for some JJCM, as in Robb's food posts. *hint hint*

Ever the upmarket mall rat, I forcefully introduced Jase (I-know-One-U-like-the-back-of-my-hand) to the eye-opening shopping experience at IOI Mall. The kid wasn't impressed at all. Since he decided not to blog about it, I'll do the honours of preserving it for posterity here. The trip there kinda reminded me why I don't shop there often. Parking fees. Crappy shops. Jams. Well, we just spent about an hour there and quickly made a run for it. I dropped Jase back home, but my afternoon had not ended.

I went swimming only to find that my remaining 4 lessons had been forfeited. There was this fine print that the lessons should be finished in 3 months, but it was never enforced the last time I enrolled. If I wanted to keep the lessons, I would have to enroll for another half a dozen lessons, ala prepaid reload la. But I think I'll just let the lessons burn. I have supposedly graduated, with the breaststroke, freestyle and backstroke under my belt. Finished the last session with some tips on how to improve my form and some water-treading. A one-month hiatus from the pool really took it's toll. I'm practically stiff all over.

After the swim, I picked mum up from her trip to Cameron Highlands. We swung over to Kuchai Lama Food Court for dinner. I regrettably ordered a Herbal Duck Rice Vermicelli dish that really sucked shit. And the woman at the stall, pengz!

Woman: Where you sit?

Me: In front of Mee Yoke Lam.

Woman: What number is that?

Me: There is no number on the table. Can you see the stall? At the centre there. The table is just smack-dab in front of it.

Woman: Front where? Facing in or out?

Me: Out.

Woman: That one is table 1 la!

Me: How the hell I know what shit table number is that?! THe drinks person tell me like that I mar tell you lor.


Maybe I was more polite, but I had a real fake grin that any stupid b*tch would know that I'm pissed at her. Heh. Reached home around 9pm and found a pack of moist chocolate cake on the table! It was really good. My sister has been bitten by the baking bug again. Emmm... marble cakes... Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
Herabl duck lady: *waits til Will is gone* Pooi pooi! Take that!
Derek said…
Why mahjong monk, not mahjong virgin? ;P

I also wanna go for Ipoh food trip! So many Ipoh mali bloggers LOL
Jason said…
aiyor.. You dunnit to converse with the lady via your mouth one ma.. Do what I did to the lady in Hobo when she suggested I give her my money.. "The Glare of Shame".. or as i call it "lei mat sui ar?!" :P
Anonymous said…
Gosh, I'm so proud of you! Breaststroke, freestyle, AND backstroke! If you remember correctly, I was stuck at breaststroke. Now you can be my sifu d.

Interestingly, now I'm the one leaving comments without logging in. What goes around comes around huh? Still lazy to blog again though.
hyuh. mahjong addict here. until i lose 5 rounds in a row, that is.
Melvin Mah said…
*itchy*itchy* jom main!!!!!
William said…
@Ban:
*Plop on the floor* Opps. *Scoops it back up*

@Derek:
Virgin? Hehehe. Ipoh Mali... Ipoh Mali..

@Jase:
Hormatilah orang tua, hahaha.

@Zemien:
Hahaha. Why still lazy? If you blog again, teach you freestyle lor. LOL.

@QuickS:
Dior Addict.

@M5l:
Haha. So many takers. I dunno play 4 ka one.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho