Janji Joni


Janji Joni
Swiped from pohoncemara.
I recently organised a small ex-coursemate gathering and of the 7 that were contacted, only 3 turned up. The rest responded very late only to disappoint. It's so very annoying. Yes is Yes. No is No. Don't leave people hanging. Sigh. I am very thankful to Egg for being the easiest to deal with:

Egg: I would like to join. What time? Place?

Me: Sunday. Melaka Street Restaurant, SS2. 7:00pm.

Egg: OK, no problem. See you there.

Here are a few examples of pengz friends:

YC: Err... is the gathering still on?

Me: Sunday. Melareet Restaurant, SS2. 7:00pm.

YC: Har! Not in shopping mall ar..?

Me: No.

YC: I see la if my bf want to come along.

Me: Means you can come la, but just want your bf to come along?

YC: Err.. nvm. Just ignore me.

Me: Can do. (&^%$#$@)


Another keeper:

Trumpet: Err... is the gathering still on?

Me: Sunday. Melaka Street Restaurant, SS2. 7:00pm.

Trumpet: Who else is coming?

Me: So far only me, KK and Egg has confirmed.

Trumpet: Keep me posted.

(she deferred her confirmation right up till Sunday and still no answer)

Me: You coming or not?

Trumpet: I have temankan my friend from overseas. She's going back today.


Grrrr.... I doubt her friend just appeared at her doorstep without any warning. Could have just told me that she couldn't make it. Haiyeh.

Janji Joni... as Mel so aptly put it.

Annoyances aside, we had a great dinner. Good food. Good laughs. Some nice gossiping and cam-whoring. Talked about career, friends, social life, love life (or the lack of it), lewd jokes and basically fluff. After dinner, we went off to SS2 Food Court for some dessert. At 10pm, I had to bid adieu as Clay and Dave were waiting at Island Cafe. A nice insight into Dave's wardrobe and vanity that night. And the overly-helpful sales staff incident. He never fails to surprise. Clay helped me to buy a hard cover illustrated copy of Angels & Demons at RM39 at the MPH Warehouse Sale. Murah giler. I left before midnight, so couldn't catch Eric who was speeding back from JB.

That's how I spent the 2nd half of CGM. Will post the prequel later. Hehe.

Comments

Janvier said…
Hardback, illustrated Angels & Demons at RM39???

*Bangs head on wall*
Anonymous said…
hat is janji joni has got to do with your gathering?
Anonymous said…
hat is = what is
lucas said…
I know the feeling of tryting to get ppl together. U will see a post in my blog really soon with regards to this.
Apollo n Hermes said…
Hahahahahah Janvier, Kenape tak percaya? i get two copy, one is Angels and Demons, another one is Da vincci Code... hard cover ooh... like the book so much
Derek said…
I realise that the illustrated version is nice, but it would be nicer to actually visit the places with someobe you like ;P

Time to save money! LOL
William said…
@Janvier:
*Bangs head on book*

@Famil:
I don't know really, but Joni does sound like a lying bastard who makes fake promises. Haha.

1975:
Haha. So much pain. Hehe. But we get the sweet end of the deal.

@ApolloD:
YOU! You took the last copy... *sob sob*

@Derek:
When shall you surprise me with an all-expense-paid trip to the Holy See? Hmmm... :D
Janvier said…
The last time Wii've headed for a MPH Warehouse Sale was...2003. Book prices were sucky, just a few dollars off.

Compared to the RM5.90 per book at some Times Warehouse Sales...

Wii're out of shelf space anyways *tries to console ourselves*
Little Prince said…
that's why i stopped doing all this gathering...
otherwise... you wanna come you come, time date venue is set... see if i care... LOL

joni kept his promises la! got watch this film or not!?
Pluboy2 said…
no, i wasnt speeding back from JB.. they all got the info wrong.. I was in nilai..

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho