Cup Crazy


Cups1
Swiped from williamnyk.
Did you ever collect stamps as a kid? I sure did. But my collection is now stagnant and collecting dust somewhere. I hope it's worth a lot of money some day. I hope I'm not dead and buried when that day comes. In addition to stamps, I used to collect "Calvin & Hobbes", "Dilbert", "The Far Side" and "Lurie's World" comic strips. I would cut them out from the papers and paste 'em in exercise books. Come to think of it, "Lurie's World" was so political that I wonder if I actually understood it back then (I don't think I even understand them now). Apa lagi? Oh yeah, postcards and some other not-so-pubishable things. The intro for this post is digressing too far. The pictures are taken at the home of a very ardent collector of cups, specifically "Coca-Cola" cups and mugs. The wall space near his living room and kitchen ceiling is fitted with customized shelves to fill his collection. From what I saw, he hasn't dusted his collection in years, I wonder if he even notices it anymore. When our interest is piqued, the things we covet becomes valueble and we don't mind spending a small fortune to obtain it, but when we finally get it, we slowly lose interest, we forget about it and move on to something else. Our collection kinda ends up as rubbish. More often that not, this fate not only befalls our insignificant material collections, but fragile things of flesh and blood as well...

Accompanying song: No Doubt's Ex-Girlfriend.

Comments

Little Prince said…
oh.. i've seen this on the papers and on 8tv b4... his whole kitchen is filled with mugs... even his living room or something... then got those small little cups wan.. those are so so so cutes... why are you suddenly blogging today?!
savante said…
Well,. everyone needs a hobby after all :)
Derek said…
Good closing to the post. Somewhat emo ending to a normal and unsuspecting post about collecting ;P

*hugs*
William said…
@Daniel:
Blogging on a Saturday-- OT! sob sob.

@Savante:
Is shopping a hobby?

@Derek:
Haha. Emo == Good ar?
thompsonboy said…
I collect belts and cds....very useage friendly
just me said…
you can always continue your stamp collecting hobby now...although it might be difficult with so little snail mail done these days...
MrBunnyBan said…
Does that mnean you've got an ex-girlfriend collection? Waaaah...
Ryan said…
All we can do is pray that earthquakes not happen around his house. Think of all the UNFABULOUS mess!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho