Beard Papa


BeardPapaBag
Swiped from williamnyk.
Truth be told, I'm no fan of cream puffs, but when one of my colleagues ranted about Beard Papa's World's Best Natural Cream Puffs, I had to go out and try some. I got one in original vanilla and another in chocolate. The fluffy pastry is prepared in advance. When you order, they'll remove the cream from the fridge (in a large stainless steel dispenser) and start pumping in the filling. Shove the nozel into the pastry, and give it a big press. The effect is a cream filling that threatens to burst out with every subtle physical pressure applied on the pastry. Perhaps my expectations were too high, I didn't find it at all worth the $3.30 I paid for each. The original filling is really creamy and the chocolate version tastes like milo. I prefer the latter. Riche Montana at South City Plaza serves a better cream puff, methinks. Cuter versions at $1.50 per piece. I immediately complained to my colleague, to which he replied:

"Perhaps the whole reason I find it good is because I classify it as sin food"

I hope it doesn't go straight to my mid-section. Too many carbs (roll your eyes, Niel) on that day. Other than the cream puffs during tea, I had fried noodles for breakfast. Sushi for lunch. Tuna wholemeal bun for dinner. Kunbu Noodles and soft-boiled egg for supper. Tutup kedai.

BeardPapaDuo

BeardPapaInsideOut

Comments

Alex said…
Will, I am so hungry.... your're to be blamed!
Unknown said…
hey... i thought them puffs were okay... just not filling enough... hahaha
Unknown said…
the disected puffs are awful... i tot they were ayam goreng... HAHAHA
MrBunnyBan said…
Huh. Bread papa... that name sounds sooo wrong!

(another food post... gah... )
William said…
@Alex:
Bwahaha. Cook some Shin Ramyun.

@Shazreene:
They're not supposed to be filling. But then, so creamy... will make you not want to eat. Fried chicken?!

@Ban:
What's wrong with food post? Blek.
Anonymous said…
i tried it once as someone told me (too) it's the best cream puff in town. And (too) i didnt find it worthy (at RM3.30 each). however, i prefer the original flavour (the vanilla i supppose)..

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho